Moparts

rubber stamp question and location?

Posted By: Anonymous

rubber stamp question and location? - 06/04/09 02:35 AM

Ok, I don't know if it is a sickness or disease or what but I am addicted to details when it comes to restorations. You know, repro stampings, paint markings, repro decals, etc. I know the upper control arms had the part number rubber stamped onto the part somewhere. Does anyone know where the part number was stamped?

Second, I know that starting in 1969, they went to the square top rad tanks, starting with the 26" rads and then in 1970 with the smaller rads. I know the 26" rads had the "Made in Canada" yellow rubber stamp on the top of the tank. Did the smaller rads have this stamping also? If so, where abouts on the top of the rad tank?

This is for a 1970 Chally convert.

Thanks for all of your help with this.

Brian
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: rubber stamp question and location? - 06/04/09 02:41 AM

Brian-The only time you will see a part number on the upper control arms will be an over the counter NOS replacement arm.As far as the Made in Canada stamp,I'm not sure on that one.I think it may be true on that part also.If I am wrong,I'm sure somebody will chime in.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: rubber stamp question and location? - 06/04/09 02:53 AM

You sure assembly line upper control arms got P/N stamped on them? Usually over the counter NOS parts get inked stamped. Where as the assembly line does not. Or sometimes one part in a crate of parts gets a stamp or tag to identify the lot??

Do you have original untouched cars to show examples of UCA P/N stampings??

My 68 Barracuda has a white P/N stamp on inside of the drivers fender, but that is because it was replaced with a dealer part.

Glen Ray Radiators said there were at least a two different radicator vendors. At least one vendor had two different plants. I remember one was not in Canada.

Maybe Glen Ray Radiators can explain how to find the radiator vendor code. He is a Moparts member.
Posted By: sg333e

Re: rubber stamp question and location? - 06/05/09 11:43 AM

I'm with the other guys. I've seen the photos of the Made in Canada bumper brackets, rads, etc. Looks cool but likely not correct for factory assembled car.
© 2024 Moparts Forums