Moparts

Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c

Posted By: hemi68charger

Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 11:02 AM

Anyone know of a source for the Heater Motor Vent Tube between the heater core body and the fan blower motor? Mine could use replacement. It's usable, but would prefer a better one....

Re: fan blower cooling hose: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 11:02 AM

front

Attached picture 5250706-100_9264.JPG
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: fan blower cooling hose: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 12:28 PM

R/T Specialties
Posted By: 71TA

Re: fan blower cooling hose: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 12:59 PM

Yep. Tom is the one making those tubes.

NICE JOB on the heater box.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 02:01 PM

this one ?

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 02:39 PM

Bill, this is the original. Looks to have two formed bends in it... But, looks like the same...

Attached picture 5250982-100_9266.JPG
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 03:44 PM

Troy,
the repop does have 2 distinct bends in it. But you may not be able to see it in the picture I have. If you prefer another view let me know I have a few of them here
Posted By: minivan

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 04:17 PM

The problem I had was finding a blower motor with the hole in the correct spot.. Anyone reproing the correct blower motor??

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 04:59 PM

Quote:

Troy,
the repop does have 2 distinct bends in it. But you may not be able to see it in the picture I have. If you prefer another view let me know I have a few of them here

Bill,
That's not necessary, I trust ya. I may place an order here soon from ya...

Troy
Posted By: JulesdaWiperman

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 05:50 PM

If Bills' doesn't work out I have very nice used ones as well as a few rebuilt motors left.
Jules
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/25/09 06:06 PM

Quote:

The problem I had was finding a blower motor with the hole in the correct spot.. Anyone reproing the correct blower motor??

Thats why I bought an NOS one off Ebay about seven years ago...

The other issue I had was all the afternarket heater cores have slightly shorter water supply tubes so ewhen you bolt the heater box up to the firewall the tubes only stick throught about .5" you could make it work but it's marginal at best... I looked for an NOS heater core with no lucky, considered having my original recored but instead I cut about 3" of the orignal tubes off an old core, swaged them open slightly so they would slide over standard 5/8 tubing than cut 1.5" off my new core, next I had the guy at the radiator shop solder the extensions onto my new core... Now about 1.25" extend out of the firewall...
Posted By: 68jim

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 12:46 PM

Quote:

The other issue I had was all the afternarket heater cores have slightly shorter water supply tubes so ewhen you bolt the heater box up to the firewall the tubes only stick throught about .5" you could make it work but it's marginal at best... I looked for an NOS heater core with no lucky, considered having my original recored but instead I cut about 3" of the orignal tubes off an old core, swaged them open slightly so they would slide over standard 5/8 tubing than cut 1.5" off my new core, next I had the guy at the radiator shop solder the extensions onto my new core... Now about 1.25" extend out of the firewall...

I wish I had known about this little trick a year ago... I rebuilt my heater box and used a heater core from the auto parts store. I "assumed" everything would be the same fit. I was still able to get the hoses on but it was a real pain to get those spring clamps on with it being so close to the firewall. I would test fit what you have then make the call. Next time my heater box has to come out I will definitely extend those pipes.

Jim
68 Hemi Road Runner

Attached picture 5252901-DCP01709.JPG

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 01:57 PM

This is insightful. Instead of welding, I may just "shim" the new heater core radiator outward by making "extensions" for the four attach points. There's enough room within the cavity of the box to allow the complete unit to be shifted back without any problems that I can think of. I would hate to have a weld break on my later on.... guess it's time for experimentation.

Now I want to take the new one out again and compare the two.

Troy
Posted By: Prodart440

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 03:59 PM

How did you paint the yellow numbers on the front cover?? I am getting ready to rebuild mine, and haven't figured that part out yet. Thanks.

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 04:17 PM

Rubber stamp and ink.

Attached picture 5253236-heaterboxstamp2.JPG

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 04:20 PM

Sorry Troy...I saw the question and posted the picture and response without realizing that I did not post the original picture...my bad...

Here was the shot I thought was up there. And go figure that one was taken before the stamp...

Jim
68 Hemi Road Runner

Attached picture 5253245-DCP01706.JPG
Posted By: Prodart440

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 05:02 PM

Quote:

Rubber stamp and ink.

So, could I rent that from you??

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Rubber stamp and ink.

Aaron..
I can send you a document I have that someone passed down to me. I'd like to return the mopar-favor. If you have a stamp business any where near you, you can probably get it made for yourself for about $15. The yellow paint I got from Hobby Lobbym straight up yellow or the closest I came to with my original.

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 07:04 PM

Quote:

Sorry Troy...I saw the question and posted the picture and response without realizing that I did not post the original picture...my bad...

Here was the shot I thought was up there. And go figure that one was taken before the stamp...

Jim
68 Hemi Road Runner

Jim, oh no, you addressed the original question I had about the vent tube. Thanks.. Your box looks great !!! I learned a lot during this process and hope it'll carry over to my next project.

Troy

Re: Heater Motor Vent Tube: '68-'70 B-body non-a/c - 05/26/09 11:35 PM

Quote:

Aaron, I gave my stamp and ink to the guy who painted my car since he needed it for his 68 GTX. If you, or anyone else, are still interested send me a PM and I will give you his email/phone #. The ink bottle will probably do a 1000 stamps... I'm pretty sure he can either send you the stamp or you can send him your plate. Good Luck!

Jim
© 2024 Moparts Forums