Moparts

was this an A12 air cleaner?

Posted By: moparpollack

was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/17/09 12:45 PM

I know the top is correct and it doesn't have the choke bubble like a normal 6 pack air cleaner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-6-P...sQ5fAccessories
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/17/09 04:24 PM

Yes, that was a '69-1/2 A12 air cleaner.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/17/09 04:48 PM

Yes, A12. That's a shame it's cut up in so many ways. Might be cheaper to buy the $1,500 reproduction from Ben Snobar.
Posted By: Redbird

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/17/09 05:42 PM

I have one very similar to this, without the notches cut out of the back and carb plates. It was in the trunk of a car I bought years ago. The notch on the e-bay sale was maybe cut for a 2 speed wiper. My guess is that an e-bay buyer could use the lid, 4 brackets and 2 centerposts. who knows why the rectangular part was cut off-teenagers wanted to see the engine? :
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/18/09 01:42 AM

That's sad.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/18/09 01:58 AM

Whoever is bidding on this to win is likely bidding for more than just the lid. If you wanted to be creative you could remove the two top bridges with the tubes intact. Those particular spotwelds never were that strong and they twist right off with little effort and no damage. A little trickier may be to remove the 4 rounded tabs the same way. Then take a Snobar base in which those items are inaccurate, do the same, re-spotweld with these and 'viola', something that could pass for a real A12 base.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/18/09 02:47 PM

Quote:

Whoever is bidding on this to win is likely bidding for more than just the lid. If you wanted to be creative you could remove the two top bridges with the tubes intact. Those particular spotwelds never were that strong and they twist right off with little effort and no damage. A little trickier may be to remove the 4 rounded tabs the same way. Then take a Snobar base in which those items are inaccurate, do the same, re-spotweld with these and 'viola', something that could pass for a real A12 base.

Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/18/09 06:21 PM

Hey, you are putting ideas in other guys' minds.
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: was this an A12 air cleaner? - 05/18/09 07:19 PM

There are other telltales that tip off the repop, even if someone did swap the bridges and tabs.
© 2024 Moparts Forums