Moparts

The mysterious "O"

Posted By: BadMoonRacer

The mysterious "O" - 01/31/24 04:00 PM

My ´66 Charger and ´67 Coronet both have this distinctive "O" letter on the left side of the inside of the trunk (see photo). It is marked with the anti-rust substance used during factory assembly. My guess is that the auto workers responsible for rust proving did this up on finishing their work and to "O" is a short for OK.
Do you have other ideas?

Ragnar in Iceland

Attached picture Coronet trunk O.JPG
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: The mysterious "O" - 01/31/24 09:41 PM

I don't see an "o".... I see a profile of a wolf with it's mouth open, and snarling. 🐺
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: The mysterious "O" - 02/01/24 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
I don't see an "o".... I see a profile of a wolf with it's mouth open, and snarling. 🐺

Litmus test..... panic

I have never seen an "O" but have seen other writings. Check https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/ for examples. ,
Posted By: A12

Re: The mysterious "O" - 02/01/24 12:33 AM

Looks to me like where the bucket or can of that black stuff to the left was set down while applying it?? shruggy
Posted By: srt

Re: The mysterious "O" - 02/01/24 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Looks to me like where the bucket or can of that black stuff to the left was set down while applying it?? shruggy

Good suggestion, followed by a swipe of a rag to get the big blobs off before sending down the line.
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: The mysterious "O" - 02/01/24 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by A12

that's exactly what I was thinking, looks like they wiped the drips with the brush.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The mysterious "O" - 02/10/24 10:53 PM

I've never seen anything like that in any Mopars from 1957 models up to 1974 shruggy, but I am a west coast guy out where we don't have to deal with rust and rust prevention work
Posted By: srt

Re: The mysterious "O" - 02/11/24 02:27 AM

I wonder if the car was sold new in Iceland? Could it be something done before transit, or by dealer there?
© 2024 Moparts Forums