Moparts

B&E Body Cassette Restoration

Posted By: gtxncuda

B&E Body Cassette Restoration - 12/10/23 03:14 PM

Does anyone have a source for restoring the 71-74 cassette players/recorders used in E and B bodies? I have one that looks nice, that I want to use in my Cuda (yes, I have the pigtail style AM/FM radio) but I'm certain the internals need attention. I also posted the on FEBO, but figured maybe some B body folks might also have insight into this. As always, thanks for any recommendations you can share. up
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: B&E Body Cassette Restoration - 12/11/23 01:51 AM

Have you tried Instrument Specialties?
Posted By: floyd

Re: B&E Body Cassette Restoration - 12/11/23 01:02 PM

I’ve used these folks for radio work and they do 8-track restos. Recommend you check and see if they can handle your cassette player. Great service and reasonable pricing and very in tune with originality.

https://jvrestorations.com/
Posted By: gtxncuda

Re: B&E Body Cassette Restoration - 12/14/23 10:30 PM

Thanks Floyd. Joe at JV Restorations was indeed very helpful, and called me literally within minutes of sending him an email. However, Joe referred me to another gentleman on the east coast who he said was more suited to cassette repairs. I have not contacted him yet but will report back what I find out. up
Posted By: A12

Re: B&E Body Cassette Restoration - 12/14/23 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by gtxncuda
Thanks Floyd. Joe at JV Restorations was indeed very helpful, and called me literally within minutes of sending him an email. However, Joe referred me to another gentleman on the east coast who he said was more suited to cassette repairs. I have not contacted him yet but will report back what I find out. up

Do they still do 8-Tracks? My '69 GTX has an ailing one I need a pro to check out and fix.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: B&E Body Cassette Restoration - 12/14/23 11:52 PM

A12 - I can assist with the B body 8 track repair/restoration. PM me for more info. Joe
© 2024 Moparts Forums