Moparts

Good vinyl dye?

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Good vinyl dye? - 12/04/23 02:46 PM

Who makes GOOD vinyl dye now, for plastic and vinyl? I have a center console, and some dash parts I want to change to black, but want something that will last.

Thanks.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Good vinyl dye? - 12/04/23 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by JERICOGTX
Who makes GOOD vinyl dye now, for plastic and vinyl? I have a center console, and some dash parts I want to change to black, but want something that will last.

Thanks.

SEM Landau Black, coat it with SEM's clear sealer later, Gloss, Semi Gloss, or Low Lustre Gloss, I recommend the Low Lustre gloss for a more natural/OEM finish sheen....stay away from Mopaints interior crap

Re: Good vinyl dye? - 12/04/23 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

Thanks.

SEM Landau Black, coat it with SEM's clear sealer later, Gloss, Semi Gloss, or Low Lustre Gloss, I recommend the Low Lustre gloss for a more natural/OEM finish sheen....stay away from Mopaints interior crap

Thanks.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone make the suede paint for the dash frame, steering column, etc. anymore?
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Good vinyl dye? - 12/06/23 06:26 PM

Thanks.

Thanks.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone make the suede paint for the dash frame, steering column, etc. anymore?

https://tcpglobal.com/

It's Lacquer just like original.

Maybe apply it with no primer like original? shruggy

Not sure I can bring myself to use it, but they do sell it.

Re: Good vinyl dye? - 12/07/23 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY

Thanks.

Thanks.

https://tcpglobal.com/

It's Lacquer just like original.

Maybe apply it with no primer like original? shruggy

Not sure I can bring myself to use it, but they do sell it.

Rich, I did some research, and found that Rustoleum textured black is very close to the original suede. I bought a can, and sprayed a test piece, and I think it looks dead on. Definitely close enough for my tastes.
Posted By: topside

Re: Good vinyl dye? - 12/07/23 03:49 PM

Yeah, the Rustoleum textured black is pretty close, but a bit smoother texture.
Spraying a dry drop coat as the last coat might improve that.

Another guy that might have good Suede is 8774paint1.com - if I'm remembering his site correctly.
I've bought argent from him and it's as close as modern stuff gets to the "real" argent.
© 2024 Moparts Forums