Moparts

Dash paint

Posted By: Roadrunner440-6

Dash paint - 02/21/23 05:05 AM

Trying to come close to replicating the color and texture of the dash frame from 1970. I believe it was a laquer. Is there a paint out that comes close in restoration appearance to this . Any help will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: Dash paint - 02/21/23 01:07 PM

Call these folks ask for the restoration shop and you are looking for suede paint
https://tcpglobal.com/pages/restoration-shop
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Dash paint - 02/21/23 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roadrunner440-6
Trying to come close to replicating the color and texture of the dash frame from 1970. I believe it was a laquer. Is there a paint out that comes close in restoration appearance to this . Any help will be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance

If you call TCP I'd be interested in knowing what you find out.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Dash paint - 02/21/23 01:54 PM

I got this suggestion from a member and really liked the results on my 70 Challenger with black dash. All done with aerosol cans. Prime with SEM Black self-etch primer. Follow that with a very light dusting/fogging with Rustoleum Textured Black (sprayed from about 12-16 inches away). Final step is a couple of coats of SEM Trim Black. I only did the textured treatment on the section of the dash that’s visible once assembled. SEM paint is really nice.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Dash paint - 02/21/23 02:32 PM

I have done several dashes using the TCP Global Acrylic Laquer suede. As suggested contact their restoration shop or look it up on their website. Great products.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Dash paint - 02/21/23 02:55 PM

Do they make colors, Joe?
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: Dash paint - 02/22/23 07:41 PM

Yes they make all the colors and the textures. And yes, it is lacquer paint. I have used the black and just finished a bright blue poly with cobalt blue suede dash.
© 2024 Moparts Forums