Moparts

Componet Restoration Service Recommendations

Posted By: BigDaddy440

Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/15/22 03:47 AM

Just got finished tearing apart my 1970 Cuda and it left today for the body shop.

I'd like to have some components professionally restored and I was hoping for some recommendations on whose service to use.

1) Wiper Motor

2) Window Regulators

3) Heater Box (non AC)

4) E brake pedal / mechanism

Any tips on buying new door hinges? Is there a best option out there or a company to steer clear from?

Thank you!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TX9AAR

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/15/22 05:19 PM

1. I sent my my two speed wiper motor to Bruce Somers, very happy with the finished product.
2. Can’t help with the windows regulators.
3. Heater box, I did the box myself and I’m no body guy sent the fan motor to Bill Meerholtz he did a great job.
4. E brake went to Stephan Fourtneir, great product but I heard he retired
Posted By: VCODE

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/15/22 05:27 PM

Send the door hinges to Resto Rick he restores your originals. Fast service
Posted By: floyd

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/15/22 06:08 PM

I had all my window mechanisms soda blasted and they came back looking new. That stuff is great against all that caked on dirt and grease. Won’t do anything for surface rust though

Attached picture IMG_2877.JPEG
Attached picture IMG_3051.JPEG
Posted By: Neil

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/15/22 07:59 PM

Mailing a 50 something year old heater box housing across the country is risky. Suggest having the moving components restored and do the rest yourself. Reproduction heater cores often don't fit well, fwiw. Don't throw the old one out.

Resto Rick for door hinge repair kits as mentioned.
Posted By: skdmark

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/16/22 02:09 AM

Heater boxes are not too bad to redo your self if it is in good condition. Shipping it would probably put it at risk. I redid my AC box and was really happy with it.
If you still have your original heater core send it to Bob at Glen-ray.

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/16/22 04:51 AM

I appreciate the responses and suggestions.

I agree mailing a heater box is risky. I sent off my original 69 Roadrunner unit to a guy about 10 years ago to be restored. When he received it, he scolded me for not packing it well and said he was shocked in arrived in one piece. When he sent it back, he built a wooden frame that surrounded the box containing my freshly restored heater box. USPS managed to crush the wooden frame and crack the heater box housing and break the resistor plate. Go figure!
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/17/22 09:02 PM

Non AC heater boxes with an unbroken "lip" go for around $1200-1500 now, IF yiou can find one. I wouldn't ship one.

Re: Componet Restoration Service Recommendations - 11/18/22 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by 71TA
Non AC heater boxes with an unbroken "lip" go for around $1200-1500 now, IF yiou can find one. I wouldn't ship one.

I think mine is in pretty solid shape. I'll try to take care of the refurbishment myself. Thanks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums