Moparts

AMD bumpers

Posted By: 6PACMAC

AMD bumpers - 03/12/22 04:00 PM

Amd bumpers any good? Just looking for oem guality. I worked at a Chrysler Plymouth dealer in the early-mid 70s, and the stock bumpers then where pretty far from show quality. Any thoughts? The car they will go on is a 69' A12 bee. Thanks
Posted By: Big-Bo-Hemoth

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/12/22 05:07 PM

I purchased one front for my '71 charger. Fitment and quality were above expectation. I would buy another.

Attached picture Christmas 2021 ride.jpg
Posted By: demon

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/12/22 06:24 PM

I have installed many on customers cars, and on my own restorations. I haven't had any issues with fit or appearance. Pretty much like an OEM product. I recommend them
Posted By: topside

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/12/22 06:35 PM

Agree, on the ones I've seen, they're fine - definitely OEM level.
Not perfect show bumpers, but not $2500 (or more) either.
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/12/22 09:43 PM

i like the keystone bumpers that roseville sells, not sure if they have them for a b-body and i think you can get a 10% off discount code.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/13/22 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Big-Bo-Hemoth
I purchased one front for my '71 charger. Fitment and quality were above expectation. I would buy another.

My friend did the test fitting on those 71/72 B body bumpers for AMD. He is very meticulous.
Posted By: Big-Bo-Hemoth

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/13/22 05:45 PM

And it shows. I was very impressed when I removed it from the packaging, and again when fitting the grilles, and finally fitting the assembly to the car.
There are many areas where it could have "gone bad".
My goal was not a 1000 point show only, but a very nice++ factory appearing car to drive. Please give your friend my thanks for a job well done.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/13/22 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS
i like the keystone bumpers that roseville sells, not sure if they have them for a b-body and i think you can get a 10% off discount code.

Keystone bumpers are AMD products, Keystone was only re-chroming rejects that didn't pass visual quality inspection (same nickel/chromium plate finish as AMD, no copper), from what I hear Keystone stopped this operation, but of the number of AMD bumpers I've purchased, I have no issues/complaints, as long as your looking for an OEM appearance, you want triple chrome candy looking chrome you'll need to vist a chrome shop...

here's an unsolicited opinion of the AMD B body bumpers ....

Attached picture amdbumper.JPG
Posted By: 6PACMAC

Re: AMD bumpers - 03/28/22 03:28 PM

Ok, I bought a front one and it looks good. Easily as nice as a stock one. Maybe nicer. Now I will see how the fit is.
© 2024 Moparts Forums