Moparts

Superbird Bench Seat Interior

Posted By: 6PakBee

Superbird Bench Seat Interior - 11/04/21 07:11 PM

Superbirds with a bench seat interior, did they have the standard interior or the deluxe interior? Thanks.
Posted By: topside

Re: Superbird Bench Seat Interior - 11/04/21 08:33 PM

Every bench Superbird I've seen since they were new had the Decor interior.
May have been part of the HT trim level, never checked that, but the info MAY be found at Barry's Hamtramck Historical site.
I've seen 2 '69 HTs that had the base interior - one a known original car I almost bought decades ago - but in '68 all HTs got Decor trim.
My '69 HTs all had Decor interiors.
I don't recall '70 HTs with base interiors but I primarily focus on the '68-'69s.
I know you're asking about '70s but thought I'd post what I've seen.

Re: Superbird Bench Seat Interior - 11/04/21 11:32 PM

Thanks! I never thought to look on the Hamtramck site. And as far as digressing, no worries, you may answer a question I haven't asked yet!
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Superbird Bench Seat Interior - 11/05/21 03:46 AM

iagree
RM21 = M2__ STANDARD & H2__/P6__ OPTIONAL w/A87
RM23 = H2__ STANDARD & P6__ OPTIONAL
RM27 = H2__ STANDARD & P6__ OPTIONAL

the "cheap seats" STANDARD coupe bench was only available in M2X9 - black, M2B5 - blue & M2T5 - tan

Re: Superbird Bench Seat Interior - 11/06/21 01:48 PM

A related question, vertically, where are the medallions located on the deluxe bench seats? Looking at the attached photo, what is the dimension between the fop of the medallion and the welting at the top of the seat. It looks like the front and back are different dimensions. Thanks in advance!

Attached File
Seat Medlion Location.pdf  (52 downloads)
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Superbird Bench Seat Interior - 11/11/21 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
A related question, vertically, where are the medallions located on the deluxe bench seats? Looking at the attached photo, what is the dimension between the fop of the medallion and the welting at the top of the seat. It looks like the front and back are different dimensions. Thanks in advance!

On my original interior 70 RR I just measured 5 3/4" on front seat and 5 3/8" on rear seat from bottom edge of welts to top edges of medallion. Joe

Re: Superbird Bench Seat Interior - 11/11/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by 70gtx440dana
Originally Posted by 6PakBee

On my original interior 70 RR I just measured 5 3/4" on front seat and 5 3/8" on rear seat from bottom edge of welts to top edges of medallion. Joe

Thank you so much!! bow bow bow I was afraid I'd have to start cruising car shows with a tape measure next year.
© 2024 Moparts Forums