Moparts

Northwest states chrome and trim repair shops?

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Northwest states chrome and trim repair shops? - 02/18/21 06:49 PM

Who does good chrome and stainless steel trim repair and polishing in OR,WA and ID?
Thanks in advance for the help up
Cab
Posted By: topside

Re: Northwest states chrome and trim repair shops? - 02/18/21 07:45 PM

Spokane Metal Finishing did the stainless on my '63 several years back, great job. Owner is Kim, son of founder IIRC.
A few years ago they goofed up a Ford PU grille for a customer and didn't take care of it.
I used Tripleplate in Spokane for my '64 bumpers, came out perfect, was spendy even then.
They may have changed their name to Restoration Chrome since then.

Probably the best in the NW area is Ogden Chrome in Ogden, UT.
Got show-car perfect results, but they were expensive and a fairly long turnaround as they're busy.
I think they do Kindig's stuff.

Google "chrome plating in spokane" and a few others pop up.
Probably someone in Seattle or Portland areas, don't know.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Northwest states chrome and trim repair shops? - 02/19/21 12:16 AM

I restored a 58 Vette last year and had Ogden Chrome do 4 pieces for me. The 2 long deck lid trims and the two windshield frame side pieces. 3500.00 for the 4 pieces!!!!!! But they are absolutely prefect.

Attached picture 20200113_174102.jpg
Attached picture 20200126_131501.jpg
Posted By: Neil

Re: Northwest states chrome and trim repair shops? - 02/19/21 01:31 AM

Never used these guys, but this is the only one I know of that is sorta local. They are over by the Idaho/Oregon border.

http://www.nw-chrome.com/

I've heard some bad stories about Ogden Chrome years ago. Two people I know had to have their stuff sent back and redone. What they got back the second time was fine.
Posted By: Hemi_Jack

Re: Northwest states chrome and trim repair shops? - 02/20/21 12:50 AM

Art Brass Plating in Seattle is who I used over 20 years ago to re-chrome my bumpers and they did excellent work. They are still in business, but I don't have any recent experience.
© 2024 Moparts Forums