Moparts

One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!!

Posted By: Detroit_Muscle

One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 03:31 AM

Hey guys, want to see a real find, check this out.

http://www.mymopar.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7150&st=0&gopid=15919&#entry15919

A one of one Butterscotch A12 Super Bee!
Posted By: minivan

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 03:39 AM

Were the butterscotch A12 bee's that rare?? Mine was butterscotch also... Black vinyl top, 4 speed, bench car.... Take mine off the list. Guy who bought it from me wrapped it around a telephone pole a month later... This was in 74.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 03:43 AM

The numbers are from registries of known cars, any numbers or evidence of your former car?
Posted By: minivan

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 03:59 AM

Quote:

The numbers are from registries of known cars, any numbers or evidence of your former car?

No, I was a 17/18 year old kid driving a hot car... No proof it even existed except for one picture I have of it.....
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 05:13 AM

showing some ignorance here but I thought we had no way of tracking such claims of rarity?

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 08:04 AM

I only have one 440-6bbl car, so it is 1 of 1, it's the only one I've got!!

Correct, there are NO all inclusive records, only 1 of "X" in Galen's Registry, 1 of "X" in the A12 Registry, 1 of "X" in the T/A & AAR Registry, etc.!!

Quote:

No, I was a 17/18 year old kid driving a hot car... No proof it even existed except for one picture I have of it.....

Bring on the PIC, we love vintage "HOT-ROD" pics!!
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 09:54 AM

Butterscotch turns out to be one of the most common colors, great find though.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 12:07 PM

The guy is claiming it's rare because of the butterscotch/coupe/auto/buckets/console combination. On my list of A12 cars there are 3 butterscotch/coupe/auto, but are all white bench seat, column shift.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 01:05 PM

This is a great story... Thinking you're looking at a 383 'Bee and next thing you know, it's M-code car!! Well, I'm assuming it's got a "M"...

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 01:28 PM

Looking at the cropped fender tag photo, it looks legit with the A12 code and some of the other codes on there.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 01:41 PM

Quote:

showing some ignorance here but I thought we had no way of tracking such claims of rarity?

no you are correct ... it's a case of my car is better than yours when you get these type of claims ...

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 01:45 PM

Quote:

Butterscotch turns out to be one of the most common colors, great find though.

yes , the now owner for some odd reason only thinks there were 5 or 6 butterscotch coupes built

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 01:55 PM

I know of 10 Butterscotch A12 Bee coupes, 7 4-speed, 3 automatic which are column shift.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 03:46 PM

Quote:

I know of 10 Butterscotch A12 Bee coupes, 7 4-speed, 3 automatic which are column shift.

Of the 420+ '69-1/2 A12 Super Bee coupes built how many VIN#s do you have?
Of those how many do you have color/trans/interior info?
Posted By: Alaska_A12

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 05:03 PM

Quote:

This is a great story... Thinking you're looking at a 383 'Bee and next thing you know, it's M-code car!! Well, I'm assuming it's got a "M"...

Mine stayed under the radar in broad daylight in a driveway. Had the standard Roadrunner metal hood on it. The Dana attracted attention one day and it got discovered.

The metal hood got put on in the early 80's by an older couple that had trouble seeing over the scoop and removing the hood. They traded the original to a junk yard guy for the hinged metal hood.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Of the 420+ '69-1/2 A12 Super Bee coupes built how many VIN#s do you have?
Of those how many do you have color/trans/interior info?

Dan, I have 94 VIN#s of the 420 A12 Bee coupes built. 68 of those I have the color/trans/and interior info, the rest are missing at least one of those items.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/26/09 06:21 PM

I saw one in Hollister California back in the 80's, Bill Jurovich owned it, all original, very nice car, butterscotch, black interior, 4 speed. That's all I remember.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 05:12 AM

Your correct, the one of one claim is due to the deluxe bucket seats and auto with console combination, not on the butterscotch color.

Quote:

The guy is claiming it's rare because of the butterscotch/coupe/auto/buckets/console combination. On my list of A12 cars there are 3 butterscotch/coupe/auto, but are all white bench seat, column shift.

Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 06:04 AM

Quote:

Your correct, the one of one claim is due to the deluxe bucket seats and auto with console combination, not on the butterscotch color.

You mean the only A12 Bee with deluxe bucket seats and auto with console. Or only butterscotch one with that combo.

That's really pushing the numbers game to pump the sale or brag about a car.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:33 AM

Well let's break the numbers down from the A12 registry which are stated in this post.

Of the known A12 Bees in the registry, there are only 10 Butterscotch A12 Bee coupes, 7 4-speed, 3 automatic which are all column shift. Pretty rare already.

This is the only one found yet with an auto on the floor. This doen't take into consideration the console or the deluxe buckets.

The car is not for sale. No attempt to pump the car up as it can speak for itself. The numbers don't lie.

Quote:

Quote:

You mean the only A12 Bee with deluxe bucket seats and auto with console. Or only butterscotch one with that combo.

Posted By: HPMike

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 11:17 AM

Quote:

Well let's break the numbers down from the A12 registry which are stated in this post.

Of the known A12 Bees in the registry, there are only 10 Butterscotch A12 Bee coupes, 7 4-speed, 3 automatic which are all column shift. Pretty rare already.

This is the only one found yet with an auto on the floor. This doen't take into consideration the console or the deluxe buckets.

The car is not for sale. No attempt to pump the car up as it can speak for itself. The numbers don't lie.

Quote:

Quote:

I think all some of these people are saying is that you can say just about ANY car is a "one of one" if you play with the options. There is no "auto on the floor" without a console. On the other hand an A12 car by itself is not really all that rare, when you consider the amount that were made and it being a half year option package. Heck, I have had no fewer than 3 A12 cars at my shop that are original console auto cars.

MB
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 01:07 PM

About ten years ago, I had an original butterscotch A12 that came with console automatic, black interior, black stripe, black top, power steering, and power brakes.........I sold the car to Paul Christoferson out of Nebraska for 10K and from there I'd heard it went to Texas.........I'd bought the car out of the Rochester, NY area and paid $7,500 for it.......I actually brought home my oldest boy from the hospital in that car.......That's him in the pic and he's 11 now.........

Attached picture 5126722-Wayne\'sMoparRestorationspics356.jpg

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 01:15 PM

anudder pic........ Here it is at Texas Motorplex......It ran 13.0's @ 105.......It was a 100% bone stock, low buck motor.........Repro cam.....stock converter.......points.........and it was my daily driver for about two years........

Attached picture 5126730-Wayne\'sMoparRestorationspics358.jpg

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 01:20 PM

This is the last pic I have of it on my computer........

Attached picture 5126735-Wayne\'sMoparRestorationspics354.jpg
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 01:45 PM

Big-squeeze
Haven't heard from you in a while? I remember that car! Time sure flies doesn't it! They grow up so fast!
KID

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 01:47 PM

the registry counts remaining known cars or built cars?

This would also skew numbers to favor how "rare" something is.

Thank you HPMike.
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 03:59 PM

I think the bucket seats in a coupe makes it a little more unique but I believe there are plenty of auto console A12's in general? I could make a claim that mine is more unique with bucket seats and column shift but I think yours is a nicer combination especially in coupe. The value is going to be in the eye of the beholder. Nice find!

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 04:28 PM

nice find!!

The car in question is:

1 of 8,202 total '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21)FACT
1 of 420 US '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21) FACT "assuming" it's a US spec car (Y05)
1 of 153 US '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21) w/automatic (D32) FACT "assuming" it's a US spec car (Y05)
69 of 420 US '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21) w/only 16% reporting in the registry Dave Watt has access to "assuming" they are all US spec cars (Y05)
1 of 69 US '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21) best guess in the registry Dave Watt has access to "assuming" it's a US spec car (Y05)
1 of 8 US '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21) with 96 - 'butterscotch" (EL5) paint best guess in the registry Dave Watt has access to "assuming" it's a US spec car (Y05)
1 of 4 US '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21) with 96 - 'butterscotch" (EL5) paint & automatic transmission (D32) best guess in the registry Dave Watt has access to "assuming" it's a US spec car (Y05)
1 of 1 US '69 Super Bee coupes (WM21) with 96 - 'butterscotch" (EL5) paint & automatic transmission (D32) optioned with both a black bucket seat interior (M6X) and console (C16) best guess in the registry Dave Watt has access to "assuming" it's a US spec car (Y05)

I'm not trying to anyone just trying to illustrate how "SILLY" this and other 1 of 1 claims are.
Would anybody on Moparts have left it there if it was any color?
It would've been nicer if the original drivetrain was intact; but fix it, restore it, flip it, .... let it sit or drive it!!

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 04:31 PM

It just occurred to me that I have been into A12's for a very long time and have never seen another buckets console 4spd with a radio delete, but I've never thought for a minute that my car is a one of one. This type of thought seems to come from people new to the lift off hobby. I've seen it a few times, but it has never bothered me. If we brake our cars down by all of the options as stated earlier in this thread there are going to be quite a few seemingly one off cars! Just because we don't see another doesn't mean there aren't more?

KID

Attached picture 5127084-fall08Calvinshot.JPG
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 04:51 PM

Quote:

Body Style, Motor and Trans should be a far as one goes when breaking down a car. Unusual option combos only make the car more, or less, interesting/valuable. Anything beyond body motor trans is pumping up a car. For gosh sakes, it's an A12, there's no need to pump it any further!
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 05:01 PM

I agree that's a bit silly. My 66 Hemi car is probably 1 of 1 red on red cars with a factory clock but big deal and who cares? The powertrain is what makes a musclecar.
For me the console auto thing takes away from the general allure of an A12. I would much rather keep the street fighter image with a column shifter.

Sheldon
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 05:14 PM

Quote:

It just occurred to me that I have been into A12's for a very long time and have never seen another buckets console 4spd with a radio delete, but I've never thought for a minute that my car is a one of one. This type of thought seems to come from people new to the lift off hobby. I've seen it a few times, but it has never bothered me. If we brake our cars down by all of the options as stated earlier in this thread there are going to be quite a few seemingly one off cars! Just because we don't see another doesn't mean there aren't more?

KID

The newer the hobbiest, the higher the price it took to enter the hobby. I think it's human nature the more you pay, the more you have to find ways to justify it.

Years ago you'd rarely see people talking about production numbers with a 383 car. Now at shows I hear it all the time. The hobby is more knowledgable and has easier access to the knowledge than ever before.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 08:47 PM

Quote:

It just occurred to me that I have been into A12's for a very long time and have never seen another buckets console 4spd with a radio delete,
KID

And you NEVER will , you can't DELETE an OPTION , the radio had to be ORDERED , it is an EXTRA COST OPTION ...

the one of one claim is for the INSECURE that have to constantly say mines bigger , better, badder, than yours ...

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 09:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It just occurred to me that I have been into A12's for a very long time and have never seen another buckets console 4spd with a radio delete,
KID

And you NEVER will , you can't DELETE an OPTION , the radio had to be ORDERED , it is an EXTRA COST OPTION ...

the one of one claim is for the INSECURE that have to constantly say mines bigger , better, badder, than yours ...

I understand this phrase that you cant delete an option is the new "IN" thing but, what do you call the plate that fits in place of the radio? isnt it called the radio delete plate?
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

KID

I understand this phrase that you cant delete an option is the new "IN" thing but, what do you call the plate that fits in place of the radio? isnt it called the radio delete plate?

It's not an "in" thing. Radio delete is an improper term and description. You had to order a radio as a either a stand alone option or within a package. Therefore, you cannot delete an option. You can only delete something that was standard like a stripe or heater.

The term 'radio delete" would be like saying a car was a PS, PB, PW, or tinted window delete car.

The proper common term is just a block off plate but if you look in the parts book, they are called a bezel.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 09:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

KID

It's not an "in" thing. Radio delete is an improper term and description. You had to order a radio as a either a stand alone option or within a package. Therefore, you cannot delete an option. You can only delete something that was standard like a stripe or heater.

The term 'radio delete" would be like saying a car was a PS, PB, PW, or tinted window delete car.

The proper common term is just a block off plate but if you look in the parts book, they are called a bezel.

Posted By: chargervert

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:03 PM

I had a butterscotch A12 Superbee,with a black vynal top. It was a hardtop,WM23M9 car. It was a bench seat 4 speed car,that was ordered radio,and heater delete. It had a 4.10 dana too. I beleive it to have been a real one of one car.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:21 PM

I'm afraid that arguing the "delete" thing again is just stupid! My car has a Radio Delete Plate on the dash where my radio would be if one had been odered! Radio delete is just nice and easy to say and really not the topic of this thread, but thanks for bringing it up once again!
See you at the reunion! My car is the one with the radio delete plate in the spot where a radio normally is! Be sure to stop by and say hello!
KID
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:38 PM

Steve, since the Lynch Rd radio option wasn't on the fender tag, is there just a blank on your broadcast sheet?

Rick.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:41 PM

Quote:

Steve, since the Lynch Rd radio option wasn't on the fender tag, is there just a blank on your broadcast sheet?

Rick.

I was going to ask if he had a Broadcast sheet ...

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:42 PM

Quote:

I'm afraid that arguing the "delete" thing again is just stupid! My car has a Radio Delete Plate on the dash where my radio would be if one had been odered! Radio delete is just nice and easy to say and really not the topic of this thread, but thanks for bringing it up once again!
See you at the reunion! My car is the one with the radio delete plate in the spot where a radio normally is! Be sure to stop by and say hello!
KID

Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:43 PM

Has anyone bursted his bubble yet regarding the 1 of 1 thing? The more he is set straight, the better chance the car will be respected as it is fixed up.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:49 PM

Quote:

Has anyone bursted his bubble yet regarding the 1 of 1 thing? The more he is set straight, the better chance the car will be respected as it is fixed up.

Diego, you are NOT helping the ego boosting that goes with the 1 of 1 monkier with that line of thinking .

Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 10:52 PM

Even if it was an option, it's always been called radio delete. Even if you special ordered a car the salesman would always try to talk you into a radio just for resale value. IMO If you didn't order a radio it was the same as deleting it.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 11:01 PM

Just because I need to know in case MCG ever does an article on my one of one car....

My T/A came with an AM radio & the rear mount antenna.

So....

My car has a radio antenna delete front fender, right?

So what happened first?

1. They added the radio antenna to the front fender, then deleted it & added it back of the rear quarter making it a radio antenna delete / radio antenna added back car.

2. They put the antenna on the front fender, then deleted the front fender with the antenna hole & replaced it with a radio antenna delete front fender & moved the antenna to the rear quarter.

3. They put the antenna on the rear quarter, & nothing was deleted.

But then there are T/As with no radio ordered, so does that make them radio delete rear antenna hole delete?

My head hurts.......

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/29/09 11:39 PM

Quote:

My head hurts.......

.... as it should!!! ... so my car is a R/T hood delete, who else has one of those??

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 12:05 AM

About four other people since one of them was parted out that we know of.

Dan, send me an email, I have some stuff for you......

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 12:37 AM

Quote:

Body Style, Motor and Trans should be a far as one goes when breaking down a car.

Ahem. This was my point in regards to the car being an auto on the floor car. Sorry to have caused such an stir.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rick.

I was going to ask if he had a Broadcast sheet ...

Nope no sheet, but it's been tracked back to the original owner and it did still have the original paint on it when I got it. It was really odd that noone ever bothered to put a radio in the car. I was the first to really look for a sheet and it was nowhere to be found. Contacted all of the owners and noone had it It did have a battery mounted in the trunk and electric fuel pump though. It was always somobody's toy and only had 44k on the ticker.
KID

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 12:42 AM

Quote:

Even if it was an option, it's always been called radio delete. Even if you special ordered a car the salesman would always try to talk you into a radio just for resale value. IMO If you didn't order a radio it was the same as deleting it.

I like this!
I actually agree that the radio was not deleted, but I'm still saying "radio delete"! Now just because it bothers people! At least everyone knows what you mean and you don't have to explain it! Other than too the goofballs that keep bringing it up!

KID

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 12:48 AM

Now can we get back to the orignal post! One of One Buttersctch A12 Bee? At least now I know that my car is a true one of one radio delete buckets console 4spd! It must Bee or one of the allknowing would have said that it wasn't
KID
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 12:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Body Style, Motor and Trans should be a far as one goes when breaking down a car.

Ahem. This was my point in regards to the car being an auto on the floor car. Sorry to have caused such an stir.

Doesn't matter if it was auto on column or floor when breaking down numbers.
With bucket seats, on the floor with console is more common than column, either doesn't count when considering 1 of XXX.
Going further than body and drivetrain is just an ego trip for yourself, since you don't see it that way, enjoy the ride.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 01:15 AM

It's not my car dude. I don't even know the guy who found it. I was trying to shed some light on a cool and rare recent find. No reason to be uptight about it. I have three generations of Chrysler employees in my family and I have no reason to get worked up about it...

Good Luck?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Doesn't matter if it was auto on column or floor when breaking down numbers.
With bucket seats, on the floor with console is more common than column, either doesn't count when considering 1 of XXX.
Going further than body and drivetrain is just an ego trip for yourself, since you don't see it that way, enjoy the ride.

Posted By: HPMike

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 03:11 AM

Man, call off the dogs!!!

The OP seems like he is just very proud of the find. I think the point was made some time ago in this thread. The horse is dead.

On another note, some of you guys that are critical of the "1 of 1" crowd also deserve some criticism for getting you panties wadded up over the "radio delete" deal. It's been called radio delete for as long as I can remember, and I am getting old.

Just like ALL GM cars with 3 carbs are called "tri=powers" and ALL 3 carb Mopars are "6 packs". I hate it when people correct you for calling a 3 carb Plymouth a 6 pack instead of the "lame" 6 barrel.

MB

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 03:35 AM

All this It's been called radio delete forever reminds me of something my mother would ask me ... just because your friends jumped off the bridge ...

let's not even bring POSI vs. SURE GRIP into this long drawn out quest for who's the bigger DORK ...
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 03:36 AM

Ahhhhh I miss the ol A12 threads!

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 04:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I like this!
I actually agree that the radio was not deleted, but I'm still saying "radio delete"! Now just because it bothers people! At least everyone knows what you mean and you don't have to explain it! Other than too the goofballs that keep bringing it up!

KID

So Kid, why not make it really special that your car didn't come with something? Call it an 8-track delete. Since the eight track was a more expensive option, 'deleting' it would be far better than just deleting a plain old radio.

And since the 8-track came with three speakers insead of just one speaker, you'd have a three speaker delete car too!!!

To steal a line from MCG..."How Cool is That!?"

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 05:04 AM

Do not forget the most coveted "hood hinge delete". Hub cap delete too.
Posted By: A12

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 05:34 AM

Quote:

Me too

and my other favorite MCG quote "One of None", "how cool is that"

MikeR

(BTW, in 1969 I ordered my '69 road runner with an AM radio just to get the antenna, not the radio. I just couldn't see myself drilling a hole in the fender of my new car to install the 8-track and FM radio in the glovebox .)

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 05:35 AM

Quote:

Do not forget the most coveted "hood hinge delete". Hub cap delete too.

too funny
Posted By: klunick

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/30/09 01:16 PM

Quote:

KID

Kid, it isn't just the liftoff community that suffers this problem but it seems the mopar community in general. My bee is a 69 Sidescoop car with N96. Well there were only 1358 sidescoop cars made(despite every bee having them now) and then you go color, power options, transmission, etc. and yep probably 1 of 5 or 10 made that way. It is insane.
Posted By: rck850

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 03:06 AM

I'm just posting this for fun. I snapped these at the 06 Mopar nats and have no clue whose car this is.

Attached picture 5130899-2006_0813Image0055.jpg

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:02 AM

I believe that's Dane's car and this is from the '07 Nat's

Attached picture 5131018-DSC00336crprs.jpg
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:05 AM

You now its funny I have a car the same color with white bucket seats and concil shift so is my car rare???????????????????????????????????????????

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:11 AM

Quote:

You now its funny I have a car the same color with white bucket seats and concil shift so is my car rare???????????????????????????????????????????

Maybe. Does it have a radio?

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:14 AM

Quote:

You know it's funny I have a car the same color with white bucket seats and console shift so is my car rare???????????????????????????????????????????

Yes Kevin it's rare and it's DRIVEN that's even more rare than any of these so called 1 of 1 trailer quee..........never mind

Attached picture 5131040-DSC02047rskvs.jpg

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:24 AM

Yep, radio non-delete, H-wheel delete, non-side scoop delete, black tail stripe delete, vinyl roof delete, black interior delete, steel hood delete, fender mounted turn signal non-delete, and a paint and bend delete fender tag.........

MikeR

Attached picture 5131058-DSC02047rskvs1.jpg
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:25 AM

Thanks for showing a pic of my junk mike and yes I drive it and race it when I have time and yes I drive it in the rain

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:51 AM

Red wall tire delete too.

The MCG article it practically writing itself.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:55 AM

Quote:

Red wall tire delete too.

The MCG article it practically writing itself. <---------"how cool is that"

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 04:57 AM

Quote:

Yep, radio non-delete, H-wheel delete, non-side scoop delete, black tail stripe delete, vinyl roof delete, black interior delete, steel hood delete, fender mounted turn signal non-delete, and a paint and bend delete fender tag.........

MikeR

So this one came with hood hinges?

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 05:04 AM

For anyone reading too much into any comments here......

You may suffer from Whacky Sense of Humor Delete.

A whacky sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste............

Thanks for the laughs guys, you know who you are.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 05:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

MikeR

So this one came with hood hinges?

Oops, time for an edit eh? how about a/c, cruise control and trailer tow delete.

I'm just glad my car is just a 1 of 3339 I’m terrible with responsibility, couldn't handle it

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 05:15 AM

Quote:

For anyone reading too much into any comments here......

You may suffer from Whacky Sense of Humor Delete.

A whacky sense of humor is a terrible thing to waste............

Thanks for the laughs guys, you know who you are.

Doesn't matter, I DELETED everything you wrote BEFORE I read it

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 05:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Right back attcha.
Posted By: gtsuperbee

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 05:31 AM

If more people would modify their cars, we'd never have these silly resto fights

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 05:33 AM

Quote:

If more people would modify their cars, we'd never have these silly resto fights

Oh sure Gary, let's see 1 of 1 with Crager's and gauges on the cowl

MikeR
Posted By: gtsuperbee

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 06:23 AM

Once you throw an ugly set of H wheels and redlines on them, they all look the same anyways. Kinda like standing women on their heads

Attached picture 5131174-b_002.jpg
Posted By: massdaytona

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 11:08 AM

my bee is butter s./tan buckets/4 spd , console, red butt stripe, and it also has the super-rare

radio-does-not-work-from-the-factory-option

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 12:42 PM

Quote:

my bee is butter s./tan buckets/4 spd , console, red butt stripe, and it also has the super-rare

So you are the one who bought Ron's bee ...

My bee has the A12 DELETE option < ... How COOL is that ?

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 06:48 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know which wingnut is the correct one for the aircleaner lid?

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 06:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks for showing a pic of my junk mike and yes I drive it and race it when I have time and yes I drive it in the rain

No....not that!!!

Attached picture 5131950-A12rain.jpg

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 07:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of "wingnuts" how the heck are you doing Jim

Did you use Pledge on that hood?

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 08:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

ron??? - i bought the bee from a fellow named larry.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 03/31/09 08:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of "wingnuts" how the heck are you doing Jim

Did you use Pledge on that hood?

Yup!! I like the way the water forms a small river by the decal and runs to the front pin. And like wow man I swear I wasn't smoking anything.
Posted By: rck850

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 04/01/09 12:06 AM

I just want to know if anyone has mentioned the one that was in Mopar action about 10 years ago with the red engine bay that was a factory repaint for the magazines and I believe it wasn't even coded as an A12 on the fender tag.

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 04/01/09 12:16 AM

Quote:

I just want to know if anyone has mentioned the one that was in Mopar action about 10 years ago with the red engine bay that was a factory repaint for the magazines and I believe it wasn't even coded as an A12 on the fender tag.

"LQQking for the A12 Pilot Bee" (((((CLICK HERE)))))

Attached picture 5132627-PromoBee0000001a.jpg

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 04/01/09 12:18 AM

The R4 Red DELETE Pilot Bee, check out the engine bay with the blackout and R4 on the lower firewall Now that's a RARE color combo

Attached picture 5132629-PromoBeeR4tobuttscth.jpg

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 04/01/09 12:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

ron??? - i bought the bee from a fellow named larry.

He must have bought it from him them , that car was owned by a member from NYC area that went by paris401

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 04/01/09 05:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He must have bought it from him them , that car was owned by a member from NYC area that went by paris401

interesting, i have the previous owners names/addresses (5), and none from ny.

maybe there are more then 1 with this combo..

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 04/01/09 06:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

interesting, i have the previous owners names/addresses (5), and none from ny.

maybe there are more then 1 with this combo..

Could be more than one or else the guy from NY , think he lived on Staten Island , never titled it in his name to avoid taxes ??? He had alot of cars ???

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/13/09 11:23 AM

Who owns the butterscotch/red stripe Bee now?
Posted By: gomangoRTSE

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/14/09 01:48 AM

Wasnt there two butterscotch A12 cars at Mopar Nats this year? I can say for sure there was at least one. I remember seeing also last year.
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/15/09 03:00 AM

Damn, back from the dead. Don't remember this one but it sure is fun to read!

Isn't the Detroit Muscle dude the ornery one from a few months ago? It was about production figures as well.
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/15/09 05:44 AM

When it showed up, there were no new replies, march or whatever.
He swapped it for a, more done a12 clone/replica/etc a while back anyway.
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/16/09 10:57 PM

How rare would a Bahama Yellow Post A12 car be? A friend had one. Probably still does, but as with many military folks, we fell out of touch when we were stationed in different places.

It has a black bench seat interior and a 4-speed. I have pictures somewhere of it, but can't find them at the moment. It always seemed strange because it was a post instead of a hardtop. I was just curious.

-Dave
Posted By: mopargem

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/16/09 11:31 PM

267 post 4 spd Bee's built. We can only guess number built in butterscotch, maybe 15% ???

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/17/09 12:00 AM

I know of 7 butterscotch coupe 4-speed A12 Bees.
Here is a spreadsheet I put together with my data.
http://a12mopar.com/yabb/Attachments/A12_forum_VIN_color_and_transmission_breakdown_7-20-09.xls
Posted By: GTSDave

Re: One of One A12 Butterscotch Super Bee Found!! - 08/17/09 01:34 AM

Thanks Dave!
© 2024 Moparts Forums