Moparts

67 GTX Surrounds

Posted By: 2JcodeChargers

67 GTX Surrounds - 02/10/20 01:30 AM

I just picked up a fun 67 Hemi GTX project car and went through all the parts yesterday. I looked at the headlight surrounds/bezels and although they are not too bad it looks like it will take me forever to really restore them. Does anyone reproduce these ??
Thanks!!
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 67 GTX Surrounds - 02/12/20 02:27 PM

Not that I'm aware off. But these show up on eBay or here all the time. Unless you are in a time crunch, keep watching and I'm sure you'll see a pair for sale in the future.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 67 GTX Surrounds - 02/12/20 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2JcodeChargers
I just picked up a fun 67 Hemi GTX project car. I looked at the headlight surrounds/bezels. Does anyone reproduce these ??
Thanks!!

nope
find nos or restore originals only
Posted By: fal3

Re: 67 GTX Surrounds - 02/13/20 07:14 PM

GTX6970 got it right. I own a '67 GTX. Being a one year only car, some parts are unobtainable. I took my surrounds off, cleaned them up, re-installed. Just a thought- maybe Belvedere surrounds will work(?).
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: 67 GTX Surrounds - 02/14/20 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by fal3
GTX6970 got it right. I own a '67 GTX. Being a one year only car, some parts are unobtainable. I took my surrounds off, cleaned them up, re-installed. Just a thought- maybe Belvedere surrounds will work(?).

Belvedere and Satellite both work. You may have to re-paint the painted area but that isn't the end of the world.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 67 GTX Surrounds - 02/14/20 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by fal3

Belvedere and Satellite both work. You may have to re-paint the painted area but that isn't the end of the world.

Correct,
as long as its 1967 Plymouth B body,,,, any trim level is the same,,only difference is the painted areas
© 2024 Moparts Forums