Moparts

1972 B-body Rally woodgrain dash restoration. Who to Use?

Posted By: migsBIG

1972 B-body Rally woodgrain dash restoration. Who to Use? - 12/30/19 08:57 PM

I need to have my woodgrain dash bezel and dash vent cover with R/T emblem restored for my 1972 Charger rally. There is a small chip in it and needs chrome around the side redone as well. Is there anyone who can do a really nice jo and not take 4 months to do it and return the piece?

Attached picture IMG_9457.JPG
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: 1972 B-body Rally woodgrain dash restoration. Who to Use? - 12/30/19 09:56 PM

I have used Vacuum Orna-Metal on two of these dashes with Great Results. You can go to their website and see their work. Click on restorations. I know there are others out there that this site supports and have seen there work and it also looks great but the last one I had done by Vacuum Orna-Metal had a much quicker turn around I believe 3-4 weeks. Do not be turned away by their website they do a variety of items other than car parts. You will not be disappointed.
Posted By: RJS

Re: 1972 B-body Rally woodgrain dash restoration. Who to Use? - 12/31/19 12:19 AM

Glen at GCAR is always who I use. But it will be a 4 month ordeal.

Ron

Re: 1972 B-body Rally woodgrain dash restoration. Who to Use? - 12/31/19 04:03 PM

I knew of GAR, but never heard of the other guys. Found their link. Thanks for the info, will check into them. https://www.vacuumorna-metal.com/content/restoration
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: 1972 B-body Rally woodgrain dash restoration. Who to Use? - 01/03/20 03:32 AM

Mig , Not to be a "Nudge" , however isn't it 1972 CHARGER RALLYE ? with an "E" at the end ? shruggy

wave Kevin

Re: 1972 B-body Rally woodgrain dash restoration. Who to Use? - 01/03/20 09:55 PM

yes it does spell with an 'E;,but most folks search without it, and get better results not leaving it in.
© 2024 Moparts Forums