Moparts

How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted?

Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/05/19 02:56 PM

Were alternator and power steering pump brackets originally spray painted or dipped at the factory?
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/06/19 03:44 AM

I seem to recall having runs on my grandfathers power steering mounting brackets which were original to his car so I'd have to assume they were most likely dipped.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/06/19 06:53 PM

This NOS one I have is painted right over bare steel.
It is however NOS, or over counter , and may not be same as assembly line installed part

Attached picture zwilberpully1.JPG

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/06/19 06:57 PM

Oh I guess it was the brackets you were inquiring about.
These are NOS alternator brackets and are painted.... again assembly line may be different .

Attached picture BBaltbkt1.jpg
Posted By: JEJJ

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/07/19 01:48 PM

"These are NOS alternator brackets and are painted.... again assembly line may be different ."

.....yes Terry, but are they spray painted or dipped in paint? shruggy

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/07/19 02:07 PM

Well since the OP asked if they were 'spray painted or dipped at the factory', I merely offered my opinion and said what I have are " painted", not dipped..
OK Jim, I should have said these appear SPRAY painted, not brush painted if that is what you are asking.
And I would guess that whatever the finish, it would have been done by the vendor, not at the factory
but then I was not there at the time .

Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/08/19 12:43 AM

What !!! You were not there at the time Terry ? .And I always thought.... smile Thanks for your replies.Now this other Jim guy that's chiming in,I don't know......
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/08/19 11:56 PM

Ive never seen anything to indicate to me they were dipped

The pump itself I'm sure was sprayed
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: How Were Alt/Power Steering Brackets Originally Painted? - 03/09/19 03:19 AM

I guess they could have had runs with spray painting also. Depending on how heavy they sprayed it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums