Moparts

best place to get hemi type leaf springs?

Posted By: fuelishnsilly

best place to get hemi type leaf springs? - 02/19/19 06:28 AM

Who is the best place to go to get new rear leaf springs (the heavy duty hemi type with the 6 on one side and 7 on the other) from? ESPO or someone else? I heard the Mopar Performance ones were absolute junk and would sag a year or two after they were installed since the metalurgy was garbage. I'm trying to give the back end of my car a little lift and the stock springs are just old and most likely worn out.

thanks.
Posted By: RV2

Re: best place to get hemi type leaf springs? - 02/20/19 03:54 AM

I've bought several from ESPO over the years, never had any issues.
In fact I just bought a set for my new project car.
Posted By: SuperRob

Re: best place to get hemi type leaf springs? - 02/20/19 05:17 PM

I can recommend Eaton Springs, very nice product.

https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/
Posted By: topside

Re: best place to get hemi type leaf springs? - 02/20/19 08:02 PM

Just bought a pair of the Hemi springs from ESPO, got 'em in +1". Happy with 'em.
383 Road Runner restored street car.
Previous 4.5 leaf rear springs were someone's repros (had previous owner name tag and a white tag with red & blue, too garfed up to decipher) and they were DEAD, bowed up over an inch.
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: best place to get hemi type leaf springs? - 02/23/19 04:29 AM

thanks. Looks like Espo is the cheaper pricing plus they are a lot closer to me which will most likely save some $ on shipping costs.
Posted By: RJS

Re: best place to get hemi type leaf springs? - 02/23/19 07:49 AM

My 71 Super Bee has the 6 and 7 leaf springs (Hemi style) from MP. The previous owner put then in the car in the end of 2014 when he restored it and the car hasn't sagged, in fact my buddy that owned it for a year or two before me has put lowering blocks in it because it was too high. Next winter I'll have the amount of lowering block de-arched from them.
Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums