Moparts

Sun-visor restoration

Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Sun-visor restoration - 02/14/19 04:25 PM

I have a very nice set of sunvisors for my GTX. The color and vinyl is perfect. The rods need some help. How do you remove the "flap" part from the metal rod to restore the rod? Do they just pull off or is there a trick to it or ???? Also where can I get the metal tabs that fold over the ends of the stitching. I have one that is perfect, but my other one is not so nice. Any sources or just keep digging until I find a used one?

Thanks guys!
Posted By: burdar

Re: Sun-visor restoration - 02/14/19 07:53 PM

On my 68 Dart, the rods just pull out of the visor. I was missing the inside ends that clip into the rear view mirror. I just made new ones by machining down a bolt and buying new rubber ends.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Sun-visor restoration - 02/15/19 05:27 PM

just twist the rod back and forth while pulling on it, holding the visor in one hand. to reinstall, reverse the procedure.
before removing the mounting rod, it is best to measure from a reference point to the edge of the visor to insure returning the rod to the same position. you can fine tune the fit to your liking as the rods have some adjustability in and out with the visor.
beer
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Sun-visor restoration - 02/16/19 05:44 AM

Thanks for the help guys. I'll give that a try. I figured if I tried something simple like that I'd end up with 3 or more pieces on the floor.
© 2024 Moparts Forums