Moparts

Where to get these headlight door harness clips: 71 Charger

Posted By: RJS

Where to get these headlight door harness clips: 71 Charger - 02/13/19 05:44 PM

Is there a source for these 2 headlight clips? I've looked at all the usual places but can only find smaller clips for Cuda harness.
I have the one bolt-on clip but missing the other twothat are in 2nd. picture.
Is used the only way?
Thanks in Advance
Ron

Attached picture 71Chargerrtheadlightclips1.jpeg
Attached picture 71Chargerrtheadlightclips2.jpeg

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 02:25 AM

Evening crowd??
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 02:46 AM

I think Richard O'Shields might have them. I think his screen name on dodgecharger.com is 69Bfan.
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 03:40 AM

I do not make the ones that are pictured above. You might check Todd Hoffman's Winners Circle web site as he provides a variety of specialty clips. Like you said, it is probably going to mean finding good used samples. Good luck, if you find extras, I would be interested in seeing one if you should want to sell one for the sake of making samples.

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 04:30 AM

Thanks guys, hopefully this post will shake some trees!!!

Ron
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 04:53 AM

Thanks for bringing this up. I have found the bolt on one but could never find the other two. Would really like to get them if they were reproduced. Nice to know that I am not the only one in need. There are plenty of 71-72 charger SE’s, superbee’s and RT’s out there that would appreciate these detail items.
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 06:29 AM

Are they specific to the 71 to 72 Dodge B-Body applications or is it possible that they were used on the 71 to 72 Plymouth B-Body applications as well. The more applications that they were used in will impact the feasibility of reproducing them.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 09:29 AM

Not used on Plymouths.

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 09:37 AM

I'm thinking all of those harness holders on for hide away headlights only.
Standard headlight and Plymouths the harness runs across the top of the core support and doesn't have any of those holders.

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/14/19 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By moparmarks
Standard headlight and Plymouths the harness runs across the top of the core support and doesn't have any of those holders.

Mark you were the next guy I was going to ask if you had a couple??
Ron
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/15/19 03:00 AM

Mark you are correct they are hideaway only, hence the SE, SuperBee and RT. The harness it supports is for the motor that operates the headlight doors, not the headlights.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/15/19 04:13 AM

Jimmy Boros probably has some

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/15/19 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By mopargem

Good idea!
Ron
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Where to get these headlight door harness clips: 71 Charger - 02/15/19 04:25 AM

Is one in the top photo the same as the one on the left in this photo?

Description: Wire loom clips
Attached picture Clips-0419r.jpg

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/15/19 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By RJS
Originally Posted By moparmarks

Mark you were the next guy I was going to ask if you had a couple??
Ron

Sorry I don't

Re: Where to get these headlight harness clips: 71 Charger??? - 02/15/19 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By RJS
Originally Posted By mopargem

Good idea!
Ron

Yep Jimmy is your best bet.

Re: Where to get these headlight door harness clips: 71 Charger - 02/15/19 04:37 PM

Originally Posted By Mattax
Is one in the top photo the same as the one on the left in this photo?

I'm going to say not but I've never held the proper clip in my hand. I went back and forth between my and your picture.
Ron

Re: Where to get these headlight door harness clips: 71 Charger - 02/15/19 04:49 PM

Jimmy says he has two for me but he's away until the weekend so I'll wait and see.

Thanks everyone
Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums