Moparts

Correct vinyl dye?

Posted By: JERICOGTX

Correct vinyl dye? - 01/29/19 12:00 AM

Does anyone carry the correct vinyl dye for kick panels, and dash pads, for a 68 Road Runner, that is reasonable in price? I called Kolor Korrect (formerly Mopaints), and they want $95 for one can of aerosol. I only need to do one small part.
Posted By: 750-h2

Re: Correct vinyl dye? - 01/29/19 12:06 AM

Here you go.
https://www.herbsparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PAINT

Re: Correct vinyl dye? - 01/29/19 12:17 AM

Thank you!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Correct vinyl dye? - 01/29/19 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By JERICOGTX
Does anyone carry the correct vinyl dye for kick panels, and dash pads, for a 68 Road Runner, that is reasonable in price? I called Kolor Korrect (formerly Mopaints), and they want $95 for one can of aerosol. I only need to do one small part.

Avoid Kolor Korect/Mopaints, over priced crap IMHO (yes I've used it unfortunately), your better off having your local paint shop mix either PPG or SEM vinyl/interior dye for your project...
Posted By: topside

Re: Correct vinyl dye? - 01/29/19 02:16 AM

Wow, $18 vs $95...break out the K-Y for KK!

Re: Correct vinyl dye? - 01/29/19 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By JERICOGTX

Avoid Kolor Korect/Mopaints, over priced crap IMHO (yes I've used it unfortunately), your better off having your local paint shop mix either PPG or SEM vinyl/interior dye for your project...

If I knew what the formula, or code I needed, I would.

Re: Correct vinyl dye? - 01/29/19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By topside
Wow, $18 vs $95...break out the K-Y for KK!

No doubt. I ordered 2 cans from Herb's, and it cost $50 after shipping. Double, the amount, at half the cost.

Re: Correct vinyl dye? - 02/02/19 11:47 PM

The paint from Herbs arrived today, and I am very happy with the color. It was for my fake sliding ashtray in the race car I'm building. Thanks for the recommendation.

Attached picture IMG_2104.JPG
Attached picture IMG_1887.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums