Moparts

Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash

Posted By: SixPackRT

Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/15/09 01:16 AM

Does anyone carry the correct woodgrain adhesive for a 70 Coronet RT w/non rally dash. I know the original adhesive is pretty unique and I believe 70 was a different shade. I am in the process of assembling my dash and I located the cleanest original pieces I could find, but they are not perfect. Am I stuck with clean originals or does someone have the correct adhesive inserts. These are not the same as the rally dash pieces that are currently available. Thanks, Scott
Posted By: 70SportSatellite

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/15/09 05:15 AM

Hi,

The 1970 Coronet R/T standard dash and Sport Satellite share the same woodgrain pieces if I'm not mistaken. The difference being the emblem above the glove box. I'm guessing you have door trim that has it also, as does mine.
I was able to find some stuff made by REM that although not exact, it's as close as I was able to find and I actually like it. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attached picture 5093772-050308SpringFlingXXII214-vi.jpg

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/15/09 05:16 AM

door trim

Attached picture 5093774-138.jpg

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/15/09 05:22 AM

another

Attached picture 5093787-IMG_3554.JPG

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/15/09 04:42 PM

Yes, the dash pieces would be the same. The piece over the glove box has an RT emblem on it but it is put on and melted in from behind. My door pieces are fine, I found really nice originals. Does the adhesive you found have the grain pattern on the surface like the original? The color looks real close. do you have any close ups you can email me? Thanks for the help. Any others with ideas or that have used any product out there. Thanks, Scott

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/15/09 11:24 PM

Sorry, I don't have any close ups. It does have the grain.
Posted By: 340dart4spd

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/16/09 12:00 AM

Quote:

Yes, the dash pieces would be the same. The piece over the glove box has an RT emblem on it but it is put on and melted in from behind. My door pieces are fine, I found really nice originals. Does the adhesive you found have the grain pattern on the surface like the original? The color looks real close. do you have any close ups you can email me? Thanks for the help. Any others with ideas or that have used any product out there. Thanks, Scott

another

here is a factory piece...

Attached picture 5095424-parts016.JPG

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/16/09 12:03 AM

another

Attached picture 5095433-parts017.JPG

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/16/09 12:08 AM

one more

Attached picture 5095442-parts015.JPG

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/16/09 02:39 AM

Did you order direct from REM or from one of their distributors? and how did it come? Thanks, Scott

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/16/09 02:50 AM

It's been a while but I think I got it through Totally Auto. Word of caution! Make sure they send it in a tube! The first time it came in a flimsy box than was bent and left some nasty creases, and yep, even after requesting a tube the second time they sent in a different package that was still damaged! Thank you MR. UPS! Anyway, the third time it did come in a tube and all was well. Good Luck.

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/16/09 02:54 AM

Thanks I'll give it a try I have extra pieces so I can do one and compare.
Thanks again, Scott

Re: Woodgrain Adhesive for Non Rally Dash - 03/16/09 01:51 PM

If you're unsure I can send you a small sample from some leftover material to look at before buying it. let me know.
© 2024 Moparts Forums