Moparts

Slip Plate on exhaust manifolds.

Posted By: GMP440

Slip Plate on exhaust manifolds. - 01/14/19 02:08 AM

A while back there was a topic about what pain to use on exhaust manifolds. Someone mentioned about Slip Plate graphite coating.
Maybe someone with experience with using this can chime in.
How long does it last? Does it come of easy if you touch it?
Here is the the link that shows Napa sells this. Is this the
correct Slip Plate to use on exhaust manifolds? Thanks.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_33203
Posted By: RJS

Re: Slip Plate on exhaust manifolds. - 01/14/19 03:55 AM

There was a post about it either here or on FBBO or both. Yes the link you provided is the correct stuff. I know a guy that used it on his manifolds and it held up about a year that I know of so far. I also just applied it to mine after having them blasted. It is simple to use just spray a few light coats and after a good dry time just wipe the part down with a clean rag and the part will look like clean fresh metal. I haven't started my engine yet but plan to this week. Hopefully with breaking in the cam and the paint burning off on top of it all will workout.
I also just did the procedure to my master cylinder that just came back from White Post, I had then send it back after rebuild in bare metal.
Hope this helps
Ron

Attached picture IMG_2389 (Large).JPG
Posted By: fc7freak

Re: Slip Plate on exhaust manifolds. - 01/14/19 05:05 AM

I have used Slip Plate on two different cars. Really works great. You will be able to rub some off on your hands but not a problem.
Posted By: larry4406

Re: Slip Plate on exhaust manifolds. - 01/14/19 01:54 PM

Saved this link recently
http://streettechmag.com/2015/05/04/how-to-restore-an-exhaust-manifold/#prettyPhoto
Posted By: johntpr

Re: Slip Plate on exhaust manifolds. - 01/14/19 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By RJS
There was a post about it either here or on FBBO or both. Yes the link you provided is the correct stuff. I know a guy that used it on his manifolds and it held up about a year that I know of so far. I also just applied it to mine after having them blasted. It is simple to use just spray a few light coats and after a good dry time just wipe the part down with a clean rag and the part will look like clean fresh metal. I haven't started my engine yet but plan to this week. Hopefully with breaking in the cam and the paint burning off on top of it all will workout.
I also just did the procedure to my master cylinder that just came back from White Post, I had then send it back after rebuild in bare metal.
Hope this helps
Ron

Wow that looks incredible Ron !
Posted By: RJS

Re: Slip Plate on exhaust manifolds. - 01/15/19 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By johntpr
Originally Posted By RJS
Hope this helps
Ron

Wow that looks incredible Ron !

Thanks John, your always the gentleman!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums