Moparts

New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week.

Posted By: mopar346

New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/07/08 03:41 PM

Well a few of you may remember that that my wonder son broke my original AAR a couple of months ago. Mike at BE&A came to my rescue and did a limited run of black grilles (OK, it wasn't just for me). First Mike was great to deal with, he spent time talking to me and made me feel like a friend he was trying to help out of a bind. Second the time from request to delivery was incredible and he kept me in touch during the delay of manufacturing. Third I got the grille Monday as I was going to catch a flight so I didn't inspect it until this morning. It is absolutely beautiful. It appears to be perfect in detail and finish. I have not laid it side by side with my original but you'd be hard pressed to tell a different. Thank you Mike, we are lucky to have someone as a supplier to the us that cares as much about the cars as we do. You're an asset and will no doubt get more of my money in the fuure.
Posted By: topside

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/07/08 04:31 PM

Nice to hear good news!
Posted By: 71 Six Pack

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/07/08 05:16 PM

That's great. Now Mike, I know you have been asked before, but WE NEED A '71 CUDA GRILLE.

I have two of the early attempts at repops and they are both junk in my opinion. Tons of extra flashing, and they crack just by looking at them. My original grille is in a few pieces and was held together with bondo or something when I bought the car. The '70 grill you guys did looks awesome. I know the overhead costs and such make reproducing these things a risky gamble, but I hope someone can get a '71 grill done right.

Joe
Posted By: Chally426

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/07/08 08:52 PM

Quote:

That's great. Now Mike, I know you have been asked before, but WE NEED A '71 CUDA GRILLE.

I have two of the early attempts at repops and they are both junk in my opinion. Tons of extra flashing, and they crack just by looking at them. My original grille is in a few pieces and was held together with bondo or something when I bought the car. The '70 grill you guys did looks awesome. I know the overhead costs and such make reproducing these things a risky gamble, but I hope someone can get a '71 grill done right.

Joe

I'll second that!!!
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/08/08 12:21 AM

Mike is the guy who does it right or doesn't do it at all. He is genuinely a Great Guy, will always try to help you and has a passion for MOPARS!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/08/08 02:32 AM

Quote:

Mike is the guy who does it right or doesn't do it at all. He is genuinely a Great Guy, will always try to help you and has a passion for MOPARS!

I couldn't agree more!!!!
Posted By: A990

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/09/08 10:27 PM

I have an odd question-
How are these grilles packaged? I need to ship a 70 Dart grille, and want to get it to the destination intact. Any pics would be most helpful

Thanks!

ps I'm happy to hear about how well these grilles are for everyone
Posted By: Ludington1

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 01:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Joe

I'll second that!!!

Glad to hear it is a nice part!

Challenger door panels should be next!

Darren

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 01:37 AM

A990,

It was in a box, bubble wrapped, and packed well with sheet styrofoam. The box has no external abuse and the box is marked 1970 cuda grille/AAR. Shipped UPS, showed up with in a week for $40-50. I can't post pics here, but if I think about it I will take some and e-mail you.

See ya

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 02:10 PM

Wow. I guess I was thinking it would have been crated. If you dont mind, pics would be appreciated. I'm very impressed that the animals at UPS didnt mess it up.

Have a good day
-Ken

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 02:13 PM

I'll try to get some today.
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 06:42 PM

The printed boxes I had made for the Cuda grille are what is classified as a 400 lb box with full over laping flaps on the top and the bottom. It's so heavy we don't use tape we hot glue the top/bottom. You can probably dance on it once it's all buttoned up.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 06:48 PM

Quote:

The printed boxes I had made for the Cuda grille are what is classified as a 400 lb box with full over laping flaps on the top and the bottom. It's so heavy we don't use tape we hot glue the top/bottom. You can probably dance on it once it's all buttoned up.

and i bet UPS does

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 06:50 PM

Here's a picture of the box, they are extremely special and heavy and the box company has a unique code for it. HMF's. So when you order super heavy boxes always order the HMF's, they'll know what you mean.

Attached picture 4480148-grille-box.gif
Posted By: 808CUDA

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 06:55 PM

Mike,
HMF as in Heavy Mo Fo ?

Gil

Any chance on '71 grilles?
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 07:06 PM

how bout picture of whats inside da box!!!

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 07:29 PM

Quote:

how bout picture of whats inside da box!!!

There's a 70 Dart grille in there.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 07:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Glad to hear it is a nice part!

Challenger door panels should be next!

Darren

CUDA door panels should be next!
Posted By: BADBEE

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 09:29 PM

Pics of the grill please.
Also, is grill or grille correct?
Always wondered that.

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 09:48 PM

OK, thats made of triple wall cardboard,and extremely stiff. I used to see it all the time while in the Air Force.

Lots of parts damage can be eliminated with such boxes, but their cost is a turnoff to most.

Sorry for the threadjack
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 09:57 PM

I'll second the comment on the quality of the AAR grille. My experience with Mike was the same as well. He kept in contact proactively and called me early in the day to see if my grille had arrived before it was even here! It is sitting in my shop now and I'm waiting on a new hardware kit from RT Specialties so I can install it. Since there are no pics on the thread yet, here is a pic of mine. Sweet...

Attached picture 4480439-DSC_000122.JPG
Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/10/08 09:59 PM

a close up..

Attached picture 4480445-DSC_00172.JPG

Re: New AAR grill from BE&A came in this week. - 06/11/08 01:34 AM

Thanks for posting the pics guys, I have not learned how jsut yet. MY grille is still in the box, yes I inspected it like a kid at Christmas Mike, because I wont be installing it for a good 6 weeks. The best bet for it to not suffer the fate of my original is to keep it put away safely. Anything that BE&A has that you need, I believe you will be happy. And ya I'm in for some good door panels as well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums