Moparts

Door hinge pin kits

Posted By: David_Trimble

Door hinge pin kits - 06/07/08 01:57 AM

Hi, all-

I hear that there are door hinge pin kits available for '69 Chargers - they're supposedly those 'Help!' kits you get at most car part stores. I'm unable to find a part number though for my car- does anyone know what kit I need?

Thanks!
David
Posted By: TWS

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/07/08 02:58 AM

RestoRick Door Hinge Rebuild Kit
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/07/08 03:02 AM

Quote:

Also get the bit and reamer.

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/07/08 04:17 AM

Cool- this is good to know. I understood that the Help kits used the bushings but if they have wear problems I'd rather do it this way. Thanks!
Posted By: G_T

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/07/08 03:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

- I order the kit and the bit/reamer from RestoRick about a month ago. Parts still haven't arrived yet and I can't get any replies from them. I can only assume they are busy - but I can wait with much anticipation until the parts come in.
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/08/08 01:43 PM

I've been having problems with receiving emails and didn't get notification of paypal payment.
First email I've seen regarding this order having a problem was Saturday at 11am when I was out of town.

Order will be shipped Monday.
I apologize for the confusion.
Orders typically go out within 24hrs of receiving payment.

Thanks,
Rick

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/08/08 06:15 PM

No problem - you have a very high reputation and "stuff" happens. I am not worried or aggrivated at all - plenty of time.

You may want to check your web page - when I used it for email the address bounced...

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/08/08 08:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

- I order the kit and the bit/reamer from RestoRick about a month ago. Parts still haven't arrived yet and I can't get any replies from them. I can only assume they are busy - but I can wait with much anticipation until the parts come in.

@G_T: let me know how the kit works out for you- I'd certainly be interested in hearing your experiences about it!
Posted By: SeventySatellite

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/08/08 08:20 PM

As long as we are on the subject...what is the situation with the factory lower door hinge pins and replacing them? Did they come out of the factory with no bushings?

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/08/08 09:10 PM

Yeah - looks like metal on metal on my 70. Mine aren't too worn, but it does have play and makes alignment of the door no fun at all. Also the little star wheel that keeps the door open at certain angles has worn a good way thru the spring. Makes a nasty groan when using the door.

I think it's a case of lowest bidder.
Posted By: 808CUDA

Re: Door hinge pin kits - 06/09/08 06:55 AM

Quote:

Orders typically go out within 24hrs of receiving payment.

Thanks,
Rick

TOTALLY True! Rick is a great guy. I placed an ordered a few weeks ago and it arrived within a few days I am out here in Hawaii. Thanks Rick!

Gil
© 2024 Moparts Forums