Moparts

Fan belts

Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Fan belts - 05/17/18 04:44 PM

Where does everybody get their fan belts? I got some from the local parts stores just to get the motor running and the available belts look like crap! I heard bad things about Quanta repro belts flipping and having trouble. I’m looking for alt, PS and A/C compressor belts for my 69 340 motor?
Posted By: RJS

Re: Fan belts - 05/17/18 04:48 PM

If you don't have A/C and don't buzz the engine Quanta will work. You also need proper alignment.

Next choice is get a dealer to do a parts location for you with the Mopar brand which weren't OEM back in the day but at least Mopar.

I scored on E bay from time to time because I know the lengths and corresponding P/N's to what I'm after.
Ron
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Fan belts - 05/17/18 10:05 PM

I'm lucky I guess.
When I need belts I go to a friend of mines shop. He has enough mopar brand belts to fill a pickup truck bed.
I just need to rummage thru them and find the right lengths and widths to match my needs

IMO , if your gonna drive it more than on or off a trailer,,, avoid the Quanta belts altogether
Posted By: johntpr

Re: Fan belts - 05/17/18 10:11 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2486468
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: Fan belts - 05/18/18 04:36 AM

With all the old problems reported with Quanta belts I wonder if they have improved them in recent years? Anybody buy any recently who can report on how they are working?
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: Fan belts - 05/18/18 05:26 AM

I'm driving my car, I put Goodyear belts on...granted...I've only got 400 miles on the resto and rebuild, but I am driving it...not worrying about show belts, have to give a little...

Attached picture IMG_0475.PNG
Posted By: 5carguy

Re: Fan belts - 05/19/18 12:29 AM

Nice looking car Joe.How about some more pics.
© 2024 Moparts Forums