Moparts

70 charger valances soon from AMD!!

Posted By: DusterKrazy

70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/06/09 05:11 PM

I was inquiring about a 70 charger valance from the autometaldirect.com website and this was thier reply:

Hello,

The ’70 Charger front valance is in development and should be available in 3-4 months. We used an

NOS panel for a pattern. They should retail for $299.95.

Thanks for your interest!

Alan

Auto Metal Direct

866-591-8309

It's about time!!!
Posted By: Blakcharger440

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/06/09 05:32 PM

Very nice! Now they should work on doing the front fenders. Everybody is wanting those....even the Daytona clone guys!
Posted By: G_T

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/07/09 12:49 AM

About time!

Any news on trunk lids for 68-70 Chargers?
Posted By: FJ6AAR

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/07/09 06:05 AM

That is really good news for the '70 Charger crowd. Being that it is a one year only valance, I wonder if they will reproduce the '71 'Cuda valance? (Or is it in the works already? Rob
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/07/09 09:32 PM

I let AMD use my NOS 70 Charger front valence for the template. I still don't know if it survived. I'm hoping to get it back in tact. I asked them if they wanted to make the part,being a one year peice,they said definately. I am glad they stepped up to the plate! These guys are awsome,and are doing a great service to our hobby! Many Mopars that would have been scrapped,will now be saved thanks to AMD. I know that I would have saved a half a dozen cool Mopars,that I scrapped if they had been making these parts 15 years ago!
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/08/09 02:18 AM

Quote:

That is really good news for the '70 Charger crowd. Being that it is a one year only valance, I wonder if they will reproduce the '71 'Cuda valance? (Or is it in the works already? Rob

Rob, they are working on them and they should on the market in 3-4 months, I belive,I had taken notes down when I was speaking to the owner of AMD yesterday,
Posted By: DusterKrazy

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/08/09 05:07 AM

Quote:

I let AMD use my NOS 70 Charger front valence for the template. I still don't know if it survived. I'm hoping to get it back in tact. I asked them if they wanted to make the part,being a one year peice,they said definately. I am glad they stepped up to the plate! These guys are awsome,and are doing a great service to our hobby! Many Mopars that would have been scrapped,will now be saved thanks to AMD. I know that I would have saved a half a dozen cool Mopars,that I scrapped if they had been making these parts 15 years ago!

Thanks!!
The car Im fixing could not have been fixed 15 years ago!!
Posted By: BradD

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/08/09 11:08 PM

Quote:

About time!

Any news on trunk lids for 68-70 Chargers?

The trunk lids are done! Ted Stephens had one at the Indy show this weekend. I didn't take time to look it over though.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 70 charger valances soon from AMD!! - 03/09/09 02:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks!!
The car Im fixing could not have been fixed 15 years ago!!

I'm just doing what I can for the hobby. AMD,and BE&A as well as a lot of other vendors,are making these cars a pleasure to restore. This is something the GM and Ford guys have enjoyed for many years. I have been to many shows,where the brand X cars win because they had new replacement sheetmetal,and brand new trim peices,while us Mopar guys did our best to make 40 yearold parts look passable. Thanks to these vendors stepping up for us,thats why I stepped up for them,and offered them my part. If anyone else has a peice that they think should be reproduced,contact AMD and they might take you up on making it!
© 2024 Moparts Forums