Moparts

E body remote mirror cable routing

Posted By: 71_dramaqueen

E body remote mirror cable routing - 05/02/18 07:38 PM

When I purchased my challenger the remote driver side mirror had the cable going through one of the holes in the glass. It pulled through the hole and made a nice scraping sound every time the window when up and down.

What is the correct routing for the cable and if it is through the window, is there supposed to be a grommet to stop the cable from rubbing?

thanks
Posted By: Morty426

Re: E body remote mirror cable routing - 05/02/18 07:47 PM

It does not go through the window.

Is the car a 71? 70 and 71 are slightly different.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: E body remote mirror cable routing - 05/02/18 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By 71_dramaqueen
When I purchased my challenger the remote driver side mirror had the cable going through one of the holes in the glass. It pulled through the hole and made a nice scraping sound every time the window when up and down.

What is the correct routing for the cable and if it is through the window, is there supposed to be a grommet to stop the cable from rubbing?

thanks

Does not go thru glass in any way, it's routed around the front of the glass....

Attached picture emirror.JPG
Posted By: 71_dramaqueen

Re: E body remote mirror cable routing - 05/04/18 01:39 AM

71' - What's the difference? only one of the doors is original.

Grrrr why mother Mopar did you change so many little things from one model year to the next....

Thanks for the diagram.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: E body remote mirror cable routing - 05/04/18 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By 71_dramaqueen
71' - What's the difference? only one of the doors is original.

Grrrr why mother Mopar did you change so many little things from one model year to the next....

Thanks for the diagram.

Everything changed in 71 even though it does not look it. 71 has a plastic loop clip on the cables that pushes into a brace inside the door. Holds the cables away from the front of the glass.
© 2024 Moparts Forums