Moparts

68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing

Posted By: Dennis_K

68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/06/08 09:59 AM

I bought a new reproduction backup light switch harnesss that goes from the switch on the transmission to the bulkhead connector and I need to know how it was routed from the factory. I know there were some of those rubber coated metal finger type clips, but I don't know how many and where they were bolted on. Thanks
Posted By: 68CoronetRT

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/06/08 01:33 PM

What car? Console or no?
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/06/08 02:02 PM

Quote:

What car? Console or no?

thats doesn't matter , the harness is in the engine compartment .
Posted By: northcoastmopar

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/06/08 02:29 PM

Is this what you are referring to (attached)?

Did they ever use routing clips on the bellhousing?

Attached picture 4471546-1790136-4SpeedSideCover2.jpg

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/06/08 03:40 PM

Quote:

Did they ever use routing clips on the bellhousing?

none i have ever seen
Posted By: Dennis_K

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/07/08 12:18 AM

Those are the clips I was asking about. Brewer's website says that 2 are used, but I wasn't sure where. If that is the only place where the clips are located, it seems to me there would be a lot of wire left unsupported. I'll try to figure out a way to route the harness in a way that is better than what the factory did.

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/07/08 01:16 PM

Quote:

Those are the clips I was asking about. Brewer's website says that 2 are used, but I wasn't sure where. If that is the only place where the clips are located, it seems to me there would be a lot of wire left unsupported. I'll try to figure out a way to route the harness in a way that is better than what the factory did.

yes alot of wire is left unsupported , hasn't been an issue yet
Posted By: 70SportSatellite

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/08/08 02:56 PM

Quote:

yes alot of wire is left unsupported , hasn't been an issue yet

After the harness is secured to the trans it drapes over the trans, up to the passenger side upper bellhousing bolt where there is another clip. The one in the picture is incorrect. As far as I know this one is not being reproduced, I was able to find an original still intact which I installed after the picture. Then it is supported by the 3 clips on the firewal over to the bulkhead connector. I also thought there were only 2 clips on the trans of the "finger" type at positions 9 and 10. Hope this helps.

Attached picture 4475244-new-3.jpg
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: 68 B-body 4-spd backup light switch harness routing - 06/08/08 03:29 PM

This is a 1969 23-spline out of an original owner Bee with console, it was only out of the car in '69 for a new clutch. I'm rebuilding it for him, so I assume the clips are in the original location.

Attached picture 4475310-19694-speedsidecover50.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums