Moparts

69 Charger RT Correct Battery

Posted By: Sixt8Chrgr

69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/13/18 07:22 PM

Guys,

Seems as if the older gentleman that owned Restoration Battery has closed down his business, and Antique Auto Battery is out of business based on what I read on a few forums. I called Antique Auto Battery and just get a busy signal. Any idea where to pickup a correct battery for a 69 Charger RT?

Thanks
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/13/18 08:03 PM

Well, I guess there isn't any place to get a battery now. Antique auto's web site is still up, but the phone has been disconnected. Seems like people would say they were shutting down.

I just tried calling again, and the phone is back up, but couldn't get through.
Posted By: RJS

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/13/18 08:10 PM

Really??? I bought from Antique about 3 months ago.
Ron
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/13/18 08:40 PM

They emailed me a quote after my inquiry from the form on their website last week.
But they never replied to my voicemail I left Friday asking how to buy after receiving the quote.
Posted By: Sixt8Chrgr

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/13/18 10:32 PM

I read on another forum that a guy ordered a battery from Antique Auto and they went dark on him for awhile. Finally AA got in touch with the buyer and told him that they lost their Mexican Supplier?

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/13/18 10:42 PM

I responded to their email quote yesterday asking them how to order, and they emailed me back saying they'd call me today.
Phone never rang.
In the meantime, I did some searching on the web and have found many complaints about them in recent months for not answering calls, not honoring warranties on batteries etc.
Someone posted on e-bodies.org that Turbostart(sp?) is gearing up to make Mopar restoration batteries. They have licensing set up, but it is still months off before they might actually have them in stock.
Posted By: KWF340

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 02:41 PM

Looks like they are closing/closed. Bunch of complaints on their FB page.

BBB Link
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 03:46 PM

Latest word. I talked to BatteryCentral Mall just now. They said Antique Auto isn't out of business, has been closed because they had trouble getting some of their supplies. He said that they started building this past Monday. Battery Central is on of their dealers. So, this is the latest rumor.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 05:16 PM

I got sick of paying the big money for the resto batteries just for the look and only getting about 2 years out of the last several I purchased. I have gutted three of them now & hidden a lightweight race car battery inside of them. I am on over 6 years on the first one & over 3 years on the second one so far. They also went from like 46 lbs each to about 12 lbs....

Attached picture Odyssey inside of stock battery.jpg

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 05:16 PM

Looks stock from the top like this.

Attached picture mopar red cap battery.jpg

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 05:17 PM

In my Charger.

Attached picture 100_1698.jpg

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 05:31 PM

I wish I could get ambitious enough to try that out. I have 2 deceased red caps and a never used yellow cap I'd had stashed for years I came to find had a dead cell when I finally added acid to it and charged it. bawling
On one of my cars which is a local show/driver quality car I finally gave up and put a red cap topper on a group 24 parts store battery and it actually looks pretty good.
I did get a call from Antique Auto Battery this morning, so they apparently aren't out of business.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By 6PKRTSE
I got sick of paying the big money for the resto batteries just for the look and only getting about 2 years out of the last several I purchased. I have gutted three of them now & hidden a lightweight race car battery inside of them. I am on over 6 years on the first one & over 3 years on the second one so far. They also went from like 46 lbs each to about 12 lbs....
Have you thought of making them for people? Maybe they send them to you gutted or something. Just a thought.
Posted By: KWF340

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 06:29 PM

Some of the repro batteries are just a small battery within a larger case. Pretty easy to gut and put a new battery inside the case.

link

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By MI_Custumz
Have you thought of making them for people? Maybe they send them to you gutted or something. Just a thought.

Heck no. It takes forever to gut these things due to how it is injected molded around all of the plates & dividers.

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/14/18 08:05 PM

If someone wanted to develop a new parts idea, they could take the battery topper concept one step further, by designing a battery case that is hollow inside. It could be prewired to install a small race battery inside. That would make expensive repro batteries obsolete! smoke
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/15/18 02:37 AM

I got over 10 years on my first Odyssey...even pulled it out of a years retirement after my replacement sprung a leak (which they replaced under warranty for free) and I put it use for a few weeks with no troubles....11+ years & still cranks over the 440...only replaced it because it was getting noticeably slower cranking when it was colder in the spring so I figured it was time.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/15/18 12:16 PM

Originally Posted By MI_Custumz

Heck no. It takes forever to gut these things due to how it is injected molded around all of the plates & dividers.
Wonder if a person with a 3D printer can make a case with an opening in the bottom for a smaller battery or at least the sides to use with a topper?
Posted By: 68Cbarge

Re: 69 Charger RT Correct Battery - 03/15/18 02:54 PM

http://www.batterytoppers.com/products/
What I use...
© 2024 Moparts Forums