Moparts

Dash paint

Posted By: oem6pak

Dash paint - 02/16/18 10:53 PM

Who sells the correct black paint for the metal dash in a 69 Dart?
Posted By: ClassicIronman

Re: Dash paint - 02/16/18 11:30 PM

Try Herbs I have had really good luck having mine powder coated, I have the guy use a 10% black that matches the original de-glossed look perfectly. I am picking up up three frames sometime next week if you want, I can send you a few pics of the results. Just send me an e-mail address to send them to.

John

GTXJohnC@gmail.com
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Dash paint - 02/16/18 11:43 PM

It's called suede, and Instrument Specialities has it.
Posted By: oem6pak

Re: Dash paint - 02/16/18 11:47 PM

Thx
Posted By: FJR doc

Re: Dash paint - 02/18/18 12:52 AM

I'm also a powder coating fan. My black dash was an exact match of the suede paint. I messed around with several DIY paint finishes before I went to my local powder coater. It was cheap and easy.

https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/threads/finally-getting-to-it-1970-duster-340.225784/page-3
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Dash paint - 02/18/18 06:48 AM

Originally Posted By 71birdJ68
It's called suede, and Instrument Specialities has it.

You might also be able to get it at your local PPG dealer. Depends on what State you live in.
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Dash paint - 02/18/18 06:48 AM

Wish I had more just used up the last of DuPont Lucite lacquer that I had. Flattened it 10% and it looks great!!
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: Dash paint - 02/18/18 05:36 PM

Hi Guys,

We are the only source for correct dash paint. The paint is a PPG lacquer with a textured suede additive. You may or may not be able to purchase lacquer from your local PPG dealer however it is not the same as what we are selling. Our paint is mixed with NOS suede additive that has been obsolete for years. I obtained this when I bought out all of the inventory of an old PPG jobber local to me that had been closed for decades. It is the correct size and results in the correct texture when sprayed properly. The modern iteration used by PPG today is too large and much to rough, if you can even get it anymore as many states have outlawed the sale of acrylic lacquer.

We still have NOS tints, toners and additives for the acrylic lacquer line but we sell quite a bit of this and it won't last forever. Some colors we are no longer selling and are for internal use only because of the limited quantities we have left.

Thanks
Mike
www.instrument-specialties.com
www.manciniresto.com
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Dash paint - 02/18/18 10:01 PM

up

Where I got my paint! Sprayed easy and looks great!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums