Moparts

Restoration Detailing

Posted By: b_body_fan

Restoration Detailing - 02/11/18 10:31 PM

I am looking to do some detailing to my car during the winter before the car show season kicks off. I was thinking of replicating some of the paint inspection marks on the front and rear suspension as well as maybe the transmission and drive line. Does anyone have any photos they can share, or recommend an online resource for this? My car is a 1971 Lynch Road built Charger R/T with a 4-speed trans and disc brake front suspension. Any under hood inspection and detailing photos would also be appreciated.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Restoration Detailing - 02/11/18 10:45 PM

The only real source for those is your own car, since no two cars will be exactly alike.

Re: Restoration Detailing - 02/11/18 11:45 PM

Only a few markings that were not lost to rust and time that I can duplicate are primarily trans markings and on the differential. What paint is the best to use? I have heard people say 1 shot pinstripe paint is a good option.
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: Restoration Detailing - 02/12/18 06:23 AM

Ive heard the same about the 1Shot paint.
Posted By: BradD

Re: Restoration Detailing - 02/12/18 11:24 PM

Testors model car enamel in the small jars. You don't need much just for inspection marks.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Restoration Detailing - 02/12/18 11:33 PM

Just remember, duplicating another cars markings are not, nor should they be construed as "Correct". IMO you should only replace what you find on your own car, if none, so be it. .02

Re: Restoration Detailing - 02/13/18 06:21 PM

I was just going to replace the ones I know for sure, since there was no accepted standard. The front suspension markings are lost to time, but the trans markings and some differential are visible.
© 2024 Moparts Forums