Moparts

Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality??

Posted By: jeff968

Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/07/18 08:15 PM

Has anyone picked up these repos and can comment on the quality of the repo? I'm thinking of ordering a set. Thanks

Dog dish
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/07/18 10:38 PM

Odds are, he doesn't have the stainless steel caps I had made, dealers never stocked any. I ran out of the last run of those almost 2 years ago. PG was selling shinny chromed aluminum caps, never had the stainless steel ones.

You might try Matt at MCB, he was the only one with inventory.
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/08/18 01:01 AM

I got my caps from Year One back in 2011. Out of the 4 caps in the set I got one of these oddball ones. It was really thin metal and didnt fit the rim correctly...too loose & would pop off.
I called Year One about it and they sent me another set....guess what? It had one of those oddball caps in it as well!
made a good set of 4 and returned the rest.

Looking at the pictures I believe the bad cap was the dull on the inside one...the cap on the right in both the pics....

[/url]
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/08/18 02:48 AM

Did you check the For Sale section here at Moparts. You may get lucky. Or try E-bay, but be ready for them to cost you a arm and leg.
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/08/18 02:56 AM

I bought 2 sets of the BE&A SS caps, too bad everyone did not support him or we would have the best repo parts ever made. Non of the ones I have seen from PG and other vendors can stand up to the best repo''s that were made by BE&A twocents
Posted By: HEMICUDA

Re: Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/08/18 09:20 PM

Originally Posted By 6T9_CHARGER_RT
I got my caps from Year One back in 2011. Out of the 4 caps in the set I got one of these oddball ones. It was really thin metal and didnt fit the rim correctly...too loose & would pop off.
I called Year One about it and they sent me another set....guess what? It had one of those oddball caps in it as well!
made a good set of 4 and returned the rest.

Looking at the pictures I believe the bad cap was the dull on the inside one...the cap on the right in both the pics....

[/url]

Your "odd ball" cap was chromed aluminum made by PG, that was your problem. I was supplying YO with the SS caps, I have no clue how they mixed them up with someone else's.
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/09/18 12:26 PM

Your caps are holding up well then! up

Posted By: davesmopars

Re: Repo Dodge dog dish cap quality?? - 02/09/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By blewbyu
I bought 2 sets of the BE&A SS caps, too bad everyone did not support him or we would have the best repo parts ever made. Non of the ones I have seen from PG and other vendors can stand up to the best repo''s that were made by BE&A twocents

I agree
© 2024 Moparts Forums