Moparts

Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings

Posted By: AAR#2

Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/10/18 12:56 AM

I'm looking for a good pic of an original PS Return line that shows markings, preferably dated in 69 but 68 through 70 would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/14/18 04:08 AM

bump
Nobody?
Hard to believe
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/14/18 11:24 AM

I have a pump and a hose but I am not 100% sure of it's origin.

Do you have an idea as to the date code format?

It has a cooler that is dated if that might help establish dating

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/14/18 05:42 PM

The only thing I currently have to go on is the reproduction hoses being sold that carry "EB V D DDMMY" In these examples all letter/numbers are the same size

The reason for my question is I have my original fuel hose, and the EB is clearly a different size that the date code. Granted its a fuel Vs a PS line but it appears suspect that the same company stamping hoses would change font size for one type of line Vs another. If I'm going to make myself a PS line I'd prefer to have it about as correct as I can.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/15/18 02:19 AM

Well I'll gladly post a pic of what I have but you'll have to wait until the end of the week and you might have to remind me.

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/15/18 03:02 AM

Much appreciated if you can help
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/15/18 03:50 AM

Well ,not much of a response for you so I'll add some info...As you've already stated the repop hoses sometimes make no attempt at accuracy and more of a plain old money grab in the name of "correctness" when the product couldn't be more from the truth...The trouble is without documentation and investigation one wouldn't know which parts are suspect of being a generic version of the real deal...But, FWIW..The 6bbl display at Carlisle a few years back did in fact have the larger "V" font as you've suspected...Here's a pic of a current repop and the carlisle display for you...Sorry I can't pull out the date code for you but the larger font clearly can be seen...

Attached picture dated may17 69.jpg
Attached picture carlisle display.jpg
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/15/18 04:02 AM

Not trying to steer the thread off course but here's the fuel line detail for your entertainment..Not the "EB" but the "KV" on this one{note the two different fonts}...

Attached picture carlisle display2.jpg

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/15/18 06:26 AM

Really appreciate the help, zooming in on that photo its difficult to tell but is the marking "(Large)EB (Smaller)D MMDDY (Large) V" ? So not even the order is the same as the reproduction currently offered?

Is this going to be another case where due to lack of documentation, the reproduction will become the new standard for correctness . . . . Hopefully others will post up if they have originals

Editing for clarity - the Carlisle display is not NOS but perhaps someone took greater care to reproduce what they found on an original hose? This is exactly the reason I'm trying to find original markings. I had what I believe to be original but could find NO markings, but suspect steering fluid/oils may have been a contributor to eliminating them.

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/15/18 09:11 PM

So considering the overwhelming response to this topic let me throw out another idea.

The entire reason I've believed the PS return line has markings is based 100% from the reproduction hoses offered today. I have yet to be shown a single survivor return line photo with a marking to support the reproduction is not correct or correct. Very strange for this community and feeling a bit like a snipe hunt.

Is it possible that PS return lines had NO MARKING?
Questioning my own though, it makes little sense that a manufacturer would not mark hose, but who knows?!
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/16/18 12:55 AM

I would like to kick myself in the

I literally sliced my factory original power steering return hose off my 1971 Bee this past summer when rebuilding my numbers motor and restoring my k member

I thought i saved the damn thing but i cant find it in the garage today

I will says this - Fact it had lettering and numbers , but nothing like i see in these reproductions , not even close - Even had the factory red clamps

But anyways , someone out there has to have some survivor pictures , or NOS Stock

Roger Gibson ?

Tonys Parts

Bill Rolik

I cant find any pictures thru google
Posted By: 1969 HEMI R-T

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/16/18 01:54 AM

I believe my OE return hose is on my engine yet. I will look later tonight. it is a 1969 B Body. (SPD 824) I have shared my EB stampings from the fuel lines with some people.
Posted By: GRAYBO

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/17/18 03:10 AM

AAR#2, here are pics off of my unrestored SBird. Hope it helps. Graybo

Attached picture return hose.jpeg

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/17/18 03:12 AM

Another pic of my return hose 1970 Bird.

Attached picture return hose 1.jpeg

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/17/18 05:09 AM

Graybo, unsure if its just me but I can't see any of those attachments ??

OK, got them, this is great and supports the reproduction is close, difference being the "V" on the reproduction and on yours theres an "X1"

Thanks for the help, and the first "snipe" sighting.

Any others?

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/17/18 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By AAR#2
Graybo, unsure if its just me but I can't see any of those attachments ??

OK, got them, this is great and supports the reproduction is close, difference being the "V" on the reproduction and on yours theres an "X1"

Thanks for the help, and the first "snipe" sighting.

Any others?

Any others? as in more pics or more input from others?

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/17/18 05:29 AM

Hopefully we can gather a sample of more than 1, thank you so much for helping.

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/17/18 05:31 AM

Okay got ya. Your more than welcome. Best of luck.
Posted By: 1969 HEMI R-T

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/18/18 02:01 AM

I cannot post them. my pics are too large?

Re: Looking for Photo, PS Return Line W/Markings - 01/18/18 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By 1969 HEMI R-T
I cannot post them. my pics are too large?

Can you take a pic with a cell phone or screen capture??
Or confirm if your's appears like Gray's?
© 2024 Moparts Forums