Moparts

Radiator fan clutch restoration

Posted By: Sixt8Chrgr

Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 04:33 AM

My 69 Charger RT has the original fan clutch, and I wanted to have it rebuilt. Any one have a contact for this work?

Thanks
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 05:00 AM

http://www.pamperedcorvettes.com/Pampered_Corvettes/About.html
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 10:39 AM

Or about a third way down is Tony's

http://www.tonysparts.com/newproductsB.htm

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 02:19 PM

Thanks guys. I have bought parts from Tony's. Should had thought of him.

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 02:27 PM

I went to his website. A wealth of good information and great resource. Thanks for sending.
Posted By: chrisf

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 05:51 PM

i like this guy. i deal with "walmart mentality" quite a bit. looks like great work and not a bad price

Attached picture truth.jpg
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 08:53 PM

Thanks for posting. I have one I need restored also.
Posted By: KWF340

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 09:03 PM

If you go with this guy and something isn't to your liking, just remember he is the god (in his mind) of fan clutch rebuilds and everyone else is an idiot. There are a few posts on moparts about him. In my case the clutch would freewheel after shutdown and when I called him he didnt want to hear about it.

While for the most part he seems to do quality work, his attitude and customer service are terrible. When I get around to getting mine rebuilt I intend to try this place. Kirkconnel
Posted By: fc7vw9

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/19/17 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By KWF340

If you go with this guy and something isn't to your liking, just remember he is the god (in his mind) of fan clutch rebuilds and everyone else is an idiot. There are a few posts on moparts about him. In my case the clutch would freewheel after shutdown and when I called him he didnt want to hear about it.

While for the most part he seems to do quality work, his attitude and customer service are terrible. When I get around to getting mine rebuilt I intend to try this place. Kirkconnel

Mr Connell did one "2112" for my 71 cuda, 3 weeks came out great (no pentastar though), Also an "0607"? for my 70 cuda also great.
Ron

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/22/17 05:23 AM

Well the last thing I need to deal with is a premadonna. I have dealt with enough of those dudes restoring mid year Vettes. I will contact Mr. Connel about my fan clutch. I am going to put a Napa product on there until I get my original rebuilt.

Thanks guys
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Radiator fan clutch restoration - 12/22/17 03:39 PM

Quote:

While for the most part he seems to do quality work, his attitude and customer service are terrible.

EXACTLY the treatment I got from him as well. The ink stampings were completely wrong on two that he did for me, (when submitted I politely asked for him to replicate what was already there which were clear and crisp originals) what he returned was ENTIRELY different and when I questioned it he tried to tell me that his way was right and what I sent was wrong....AND he had a huge "Like it or go away" attitude about it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums