Moparts

Restored gauges 69 BEE

Posted By: Moparnut426

Restored gauges 69 BEE - 12/18/17 03:49 PM

Workin on a customers 69 Bee, he has a restored cluster, but who ever did it used a Chinese made Voltage Limiter and not a solid state conversion. Well hes got a burned up oil pressure and temp gauge, the fuel gauge survived some how. Anyways, where is the best place to buy restored originals? Time crunch here so I don't have the time to send in a couple I have to get restored. Just wanting to buy a couple to replace. I see classic industries has them but I question their quality. I see Ebay has a couple but they say country of origin Taiwan....

Are the authentic licensed mopar gauges ok?

Thanks in advance
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Restored gauges 69 BEE - 12/19/17 09:53 PM

from what i have read
the repo gauges are all Chinese junk like the voltage limiter you got
rebuilding your old ones is the best way to go.
but if you are in a time crunch it might be the only option you have..
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Restored gauges 69 BEE - 12/20/17 08:03 AM

I agree with flypaper
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Restored gauges 69 BEE - 12/20/17 03:25 PM

You might try performance car graphics in Florida to repair gauges?
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Restored gauges 69 BEE - 12/20/17 04:58 PM

I would check with Redline, Performance Graphics and other restorers to see if you can exchange a good core for a redtored unit they may have. I would avoid the repos, all junk, unfortunately some of the worst repo parts I have ever bought were "certified Mopar restoration parts", I think it was little more than a license fee with no quality advantage in many cases.
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Restored gauges 69 BEE - 12/21/17 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By 65pacecar
I would check with Redline, Performance Graphics and other restorers to see if you can exchange a good core for a redtored unit they may have. I would avoid the repos, all junk, unfortunately some of the worst repo parts I have ever bought were "certified Mopar restoration parts", I think it was little more than a license fee with no quality advantage in many cases.

Redline has done many clusters for me, including their VDO internals for the tic Toc Tachs & quartz clock upgrade. Shannon's work is awesome. I was going to send my 64 Belvedere cluster to Shannon, but a 6 month turnaround is too long.
Posted By: Sixt8Chrgr

Re: Restored gauges 69 BEE - 12/22/17 05:20 AM

Any idea where the Voltage limiter came from? Need to make sure other gauges don't end up with the same fate.
D&M Restoration in Greenville SC is a good shop to restore your gauges. He has done mid year Vette gauges for me and have had good look with him.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Restored gauges 69 BEE - 01/04/18 08:45 AM

Mike Mancini does a pretty amazing job on them, I guess. Pricey, though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums