Moparts

wiper motor restorations, any recommendations

Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/14/17 04:27 AM

I have a 3 spd wiper motor needing to be done. Any recommendations?
Posted By: magiccuda

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/14/17 05:08 AM

sf restorations
Posted By: 70RT Charger

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/14/17 12:12 PM

Originally Posted By magiccuda
sf restorations
He did an awesome job on my wiper and headlight motor.
Posted By: RalphsRapidTrnst

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 04:39 AM

Thanks for the lead. Anyone in the States?
Posted By: TX9AAR

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 04:49 AM

Bruce Somer did my 2 speed motor and did an excellent job. I know he does 3 speed. Great communication.

http://www.ns1aar.com/
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 05:08 AM

Have not used them so cannot comment on their work. Member/User name here is p4m.

http://www.passion4mopars.com
Posted By: fastmark

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 05:09 AM

Bill Meerholz did mine and I have had several done by many people. I think his is the best imo. Bmcuda.com. There are several who have had problems with p4m.
Posted By: RJS

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 05:23 AM

Ralph Bill Meerholz did mine and also the blower motor.
Ron

Attached picture IMG_0528 (Large).JPG
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By moparfan53

Have not used them so cannot comment on their work. Member/User name here is p4m.

Run Away panic
Posted By: moparnation74

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 05:52 AM

Bill Meerholz gets my vote! Top notch service and customer service..High quality rebuild and restoration back to OE factory appearance...

http://www.bmcuda.com
Posted By: 69x

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By blewbyu
Originally Posted By moparfan53

Run Away panic
For the longest time people on here would say she was one of the best. Now they say stay away. she did a wiper motor for me about 3 years ago and it came out great. she did talk a LOT when I got her on the phone, but other then that I was happy with her work.
Sounds like something has changed for her for people to stay away. Some have said she is hard to get ahold of and one person said their motor did not even work when they got it back, guess I am lucky in my dealings with her.
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/15/17 07:26 PM

I have a 3 speed that I have been saving to have restored. I got to looking at it couple weeks ago...the wire harness has been cut off at the firewall end. What do if anything about the wire harness?
Should I just pitch this one and find a 3 speed motor with good harness to have restored?

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/16/17 02:05 AM

Call Bill. He can fix you up. They replace that anyway.
Posted By: ACR2000

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/16/17 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By toplescuda
I have a 3 speed that I have been saving to have restored. I got to looking at it couple weeks ago...the wire harness has been cut off at the firewall end. What do if anything about the wire harness?
Should I just pitch this one and find a 3 speed motor with good harness to have restored?

I am sure that if you use Bill, Bruce or even me wink you will get your motor back with brand new wiring.

Attached picture 20160324_131101.jpg
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/16/17 03:08 AM

I have several of Bruce's motors and have been very happy. Great work, good turn around time and backs his work. Plus I use the one in my 72 driver. I mean actually turn on the wipers and drive in the rain.
http://www.ns1aar.com/
Now I've know Bill for years but have never had one his motors but he has great revues also.

Attached picture 20160726_114742.jpg
Attached picture 20150903_122729.jpg
Attached picture 20170728_170201.jpg
Attached picture 20151029_201759.jpg
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/16/17 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By ACR2000
Originally Posted By toplescuda

I am sure that if you use Bill, Bruce or even me wink you will get your motor back with brand new wiring.

That is a work of art. See that your in Canada. How does all that work with customs and exchange stuff?
Posted By: fuelishnsilly

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/16/17 04:34 PM

Bill Meerholz (BRE in Pompton Plains, NJ) has mine right now. I can't wait for it to come back. I dropped it off to him and his work is very impressive. He was showing me the different things he does to him.
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/16/17 05:15 PM

Bill M is one of the few guys that offers a more faded gold cad look on the barrel. He claimed that a lot of the assembly line wiper motor barrels came that way from day one. However, I believe he will finish it anyway you want.

RIP Jules, Gone but not Forgotten.

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/16/17 11:07 PM

[/quote]

That is a work of art. See that your in Canada. How does all that work with customs and exchange stuff? [/quote]

Very easy , just use USPS and since parts are used and for repair there is no custom fee's. UPS and FEX will however charge brokers fee's. Many of my customers are from the states

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbt...tml#Post2013296

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/17/17 02:16 AM

The only problem is in declaring value and insurance on your part. If you have the original date code core, you still have to declare the value as low. If they loose it, you get $20. Try replacing a 077 wiper motor with a good date for $20.

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/18/17 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By fastmark
The only problem is in declaring value and insurance on your part. If you have the original date code core, you still have to declare the value as low. If they loose it, you get $20. Try replacing a 077 wiper motor with a good date for $20.

Insurance can be added to whatever amount you wish, but obiously will cost more in shipping. Thinking way back I dont recall Jules ever lost any parts and since I took over I did not either..

Stephan
Posted By: RJS

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/18/17 12:34 AM

Originally Posted By ACR2000
Originally Posted By fastmark

Insurance can be added to whatever amount you wish, but obiously will cost more in shipping. Thinking way back I dont recall Jules ever lost any parts and since I took over I did not either..

Stephan

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jules have us send the parts to a stateside address and he came over to pick them up??
Ron

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/18/17 02:38 AM

Nope...The only time that Jules picked up parts in the States is when he would have a wiper motor drop off center at CarlislE
If he actually did picked up parts , that was probably on rare occasions since 99% of is work came in shipped by customers

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/18/17 09:01 PM

In my case, I had three date coded oem motors and my value was higher. I was told that if I declared them at true value, then the customs guys could determine that I was trying to hide a sale instead of services and charge Canadian import fees. I would in turn have to pay that fee as well. Did not seem to be a chance I was willing to take. Not worried about the restorers loosing the parts near as much as the shipper. I shipped a single motor to Jules and had no problem.

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/20/17 12:34 AM

someone should make some sort of memorial sticker to put on the plated barrels of wiper motors that jules restored.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/20/17 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By 70plymA34
someone should make some sort of memorial sticker to put on the plated barrels of wiper motors that jules restored.

I would sure put one on mine!!!
Posted By: JH23

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/21/17 01:46 AM

Has any one ever lost a part(s) shipped either way to/from Jules?
Posted By: VCODE

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/21/17 01:58 AM

Lots of parts sent to Jules over the years, never lost a package. USPS
RIP Jules your friend Bob
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/21/17 02:10 AM

So true Bob,Jules did a lot of stuff for us, never lost a thing...a real loss to the members...he even called me to explain a delay with some of my stuff due to his illness and the treatments he was undergoing, a real gentleman...RIP Jules
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/21/17 02:49 AM

Stephan that took over for Jules, his work is of the same caliber!! up I have sent plenty of stuff to him and everything got there safe and sound and back in perfect timing and satisfaction. boogie

Here is some of his work drool

Attached picture dart wiper motor.JPG
Attached picture dart front hood lacthes.JPG
Attached picture Dart door latches.JPG
Attached picture Dart Jack.JPG

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/21/17 03:55 AM

stephans work is top notch from the pics you post. I think we all just miss Jules. Anytime component resto gets brought up he will always be thought of.
Posted By: 469runner

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/21/17 05:20 AM

Originally Posted By JH23
Has any one ever lost a part(s) shipped either way to/from Jules?
My freshly restored wiper motor was lost in shipping from Jules. He said in all the years he had been doing his work, mine was the first one ever lost. Tracking showed it at the border and then no more entries. Such is my usual luck in life.

Of course, Jules had insurance on the motor and found me another core with nearly the same date code and had it to me within a month. He was great.
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/21/17 10:18 PM

Anyone do custom finishes on a wiper motor? Regardless of forum I see a lot of stock motors
Posted By: ns1aar

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/22/17 08:41 PM

what were you looking for
Posted By: burdar

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/22/17 08:48 PM

I believe Stephan can do custom coatings if you want. I'm planning on having my barrel coated with black zinc.

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/23/17 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By burdar
I believe Stephan can do custom coatings if you want. I'm planning on having my barrel coated with black zinc.

There you go..

Description: There you go...
Attached picture Custom.jpg
Attached picture 20161123_090645.jpg
Posted By: bmcuda

Re: wiper motor restorations, any recommendations - 12/23/17 07:54 PM

We can do any custom finishes you request. www.bmcuda.com
© 2024 Moparts Forums