Moparts

70 B body passenger side door mirror location?

Posted By: 70gtx440dana

70 B body passenger side door mirror location? - 11/18/17 08:07 PM

Looking to confirm the dimensions for location of 70 B body passenger side mirror location. Not sure if it is the same as DS location. Measurements to two mounting holes from leading edge of door on DS are 21 1/4" for front hole and 23 1/2" for rear hole. Hoping someone can provide confirmation for the PS locations? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: 70 B body passenger side door mirror location? - 11/18/17 08:49 PM

Joe,don't have the dimensions but it is same as driver side,
Posted By: Kilroy was here

Re: 70 B body passenger side door mirror location? - 11/21/17 05:07 PM

I was going to install a pass mirror too. I was going to take off the drivers to measure, and duplicate it for the pass.
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: 70 B body passenger side door mirror location? - 11/23/17 06:47 AM

On my 70rr pass 20-1/2 front 22-3/4 rear, factory install. Drivers is 1/8 further back.
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: 70 B body passenger side door mirror location? - 12/01/17 08:04 PM

On a related topic... I've notice that on convertibles, the mirrors mount just slightly further back than hardtops/coups. In the hardtop/coup location, the vent window hits the mirror. The convertible vent window appears to be "laid back" about 1/4" further than hardtop/coups... just a fyi
Posted By: cbusters

Re: 70 B body passenger side door mirror location? - 12/02/17 12:39 AM

I sure hope my car is an exception. I just sent my 69 convertible to paint with 69 HT door hulls on it. They already had the remote mirror holes existing from the original car they came off of. I just matched the passenger side holes to the driver side and sent them on their way. Maybe the factory plastic spacer on the remote mirror will tilt it out since they are wedge shaped. I thought the convertible vent post was a bit more "vertical", like the windshield is. Maybe the mirrors you have seen had rubber gaskets instead of the correct plastic spacers. I hope, I hope!
© 2024 Moparts Forums