Moparts

Challenger Map Light

Posted By: MoreParts

Challenger Map Light - 11/13/17 07:30 PM

I have a '70 Challenger R/T convert and went to reinstall my AM 8-Track after having it serviced. I noticed I had 1 yellow Molex connector hanging and I think it fell out of a 2 yellow Molex female connector. I think that's for a Map Light? However, the build sheet doesn't show a Map Light option. Everything seemed to be working fine with that connector unplugged. It doesn't have the Ignition Light option either. Does anyone know what that wiring is for? Would I have the wiring without the option if it is a Map Light? And lastly, does anyone have a pic handy of where the Map Light is installed? I think I see the holes for it under the dash just above the console, but I'm not sure that's the location.

Thanks,
MoReParts

Re: Challenger Map Light - 11/14/17 12:08 AM

I did some checking. From what I've learned I couldn't have had the Map Light as it was part of the Light Group option which I didn't have. No pictures necessary. But I am still curious on the two yellow wires going to a female connector and the one male yellow wire that was hanging as they don't appear to make a difference if I plug them in or not.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Challenger Map Light - 11/14/17 12:51 AM

You are correct that the map light is usually part of the light package A01

Might want to see if those yellow wires lead to the door switches. Since you don't have a dome lamp they don't do anything. However I thought there were bulbs at the bottom of the rear panels to help with people getting in the back seat at night.

Re: Challenger Map Light - 11/14/17 12:58 AM

You are correct, sir. There are lights in the lower rear panels, and they actually work with or without that wire plugged in.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Challenger Map Light - 11/14/17 12:59 AM

My Challenger convertible has the light group with the map light. There are lights in the rear side panels, also a light under the dash somewhere to help light up the interior when getting in and out of the car at night.
© 2024 Moparts Forums