Moparts

Shaker hood bolts

Posted By: fastmark

Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 01:20 AM

What does the bolt look like that attaches the shaker bubble to the adapter plate? Also is the clip that holds the carb air cable the same one as under the dash for the heater cables. Thanks.
Posted By: FC7cuda

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 02:03 AM

Here's a pic

Attached picture P3310390 - Copy - Copy.JPG

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 02:59 AM

Thanks for the picture. How about the bolt head. Does it have a captured washer?
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 03:00 AM

Black phosphate bolt with captured washer...anchor on head.
Here's another bellcrank picture, original cables.
And yes,... clip is same as used on heater cables.

Attached picture shakerbolt1.jpg
Attached picture bellcrank2.jpg
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 03:19 AM

shruggy is this it? http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=6015143

Jim Fillmore of Detroit Muscle Technologies said he is going to have those remade soon in the OEM style olive drab color
Posted By: Convertcuda

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 04:14 AM

Terry,

Great picture. Do you have one of the correct screw?

Thanks Ken

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 04:19 AM

That’s what I need guys. Thanks.
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 02:27 PM

Terry -

I've also seen a couple cars with bubble bolts that have a "pitchfork" style marking on the head. But, I'm not sure if the bolts were original to the car or not. based on the condition of the cars, I would believe they were correct.

Have you also observed this type of head marking on the bolts? Or have all original cars you have seen have anchor head bolts?

On another note...I believe the bubble door cable clip that holds the cable to the bell-crank is phosphate, not olive drab. At least I have never seen an original Shaker car with that clip in olive drab.

Rob

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 03:01 PM

I have not seen the pitchfork bolt used but it may have been substituted.
The only for sure substitute that was used, as was told to me by a Fram employee, was an identical phosphate bolt with a P for a short period of time, because the supplier was out of the anchor bolts.
I have seen phosphate phillips screws used as well to hold the cables.
I got this stuff in a box from Fram years ago naming the 'pin' shown in earlier photo

Attached picture pin.JPG
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/25/17 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By UCUDANT
shruggy is this it? http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=6015143

Jim Fillmore of Detroit Muscle Technologies said he is going to have those remade soon in the OEM style olive drab color

Olive drab?

Never seen anything but black phosphate
Posted By: MOPARMIKE69

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/26/17 04:47 PM

Pardon my lack of knowledge but what are the two cables. I know one goes to the red handle inside the car what is the other one?
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/26/17 05:19 PM

What are you trying to do when you pull the red handle under the dasH?

You are opening the cold air door, and closing the hot air door.
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/27/17 02:01 AM

This shows where the other cable is hooked to.

Attached picture 20150313_085401 (Medium).jpg
Posted By: larry4406

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/27/17 11:26 AM

What is correct at the cable end on the bellcrank pins - the “push clip” that FC7cuda showed or the hairpin clips shown by maccanix’s post and box of pins?
Posted By: FC7cuda

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/27/17 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By larry4406
What is correct at the cable end on the bellcrank pins - the “push clip” that FC7cuda showed or the hairpin clips shown by maccanix’s post and box of pins?

I believe that both attachment versions are original. I'm not sure which the OEM Gold judges consider correct???

Terry, have you noticed the different versions of shaker cable attachment end tabs? I've seen at least 3. The 2 in our pics and one other round hole version.

Tom

Re: Shaker hood bolts - 10/27/17 03:21 PM

I've only seen the hairpin clip but then I have not seen them all.
I have also seen original examples with nothing.
Plus another print shows different end tabs
Mechanics hated shaker set-ups because of the burden of removing everything to work on carb(s).
I remember one mechanic told me those kinds of things were the first to be tossed figuring the screws are holding the cable tightly.
As for the cable ends I've seen two different long cable ends, notched end and not, and then there are the two different repro versions.
As for short cable, here is an NOS one on the top verses repro.
Note the end differences and taper on the original... plus, any short originals I have seen always had the ribbing as seen in the original with script.

Attached picture cabel1.png
Attached picture cabel2.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums