Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 02/27/09 08:28 PM

what style did they use in 1970 on a 440 hp
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 02/27/09 10:01 PM

Factory assembly line oil filter

Attached picture 5057695-DSC04212reduced.JPG
Posted By: LilRedDave

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 02/27/09 10:38 PM

Is that an orginal or the repo? Has the repo come out yet?
Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 03/01/09 07:12 PM

After the new car prep I thought that filter was replaced by the white and blue type filter ( not the after 72 red/white and blue)sooo what would be the correct one ? The green or the white and blue ??
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 03/01/09 07:53 PM

Quote:

Has the repo come out yet?

No, still no status. I just ck'd on it last week
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 03/01/09 08:12 PM

Bill,
Who is the manufacturer of the filter? Not the person doing the repaint, but the filter itself.
I'm not interested in buying an old wooden outhouse with brick wallpaper.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 03/02/09 12:20 AM

Quote:

Bill,
Who is the manufacturer of the filter? Not the person doing the repaint, but the filter itself.

Snoop,
I haven't been able to find out who yet. I've asked several people and nobody seems to know. Then again, with the all the print I've seen on these nobody knows anything about them. I hate to say this but I 'assume ' the same people who make the current mopar filters.
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 03/02/09 12:25 AM

I wanted to and could make these in a heartbeat. I wonder if Chrysler is serious about this or not....
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 03/02/09 12:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bill,

Snoop,
I haven't been able to find out who yet. I've asked several people and nobody seems to know. Then again, with the all the print I've seen on these nobody knows anything about them. I hate to say this but I 'assume ' the same people who make the current mopar filters.

Bill,

Is there a quality problem with the current "red, white, and blue" high performance oil filters? (not the reissued ones through Chrysler that has the off white color)
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Factory Mopar oil filter ?? - 03/02/09 01:39 AM

1851658 was the factory installed rough textured green filter.
I found this NOS one at a dealer years ago and always wondered if it was the one installed at the first oil change.
Its basically same filter with the embossed M on top but different number and slightly different graphics

Attached picture 5063419-oillater.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums