Moparts

Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet?

Posted By: 70_FY1_N96_BEEP

Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/21/17 09:38 PM

'70 RR, repo cable at pedal swage let go. Brand new with very little pressure applied. 75 miles on restored car. Or a good used one? Thanks!!
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/22/17 12:11 AM

I bought one from inline tube. Quality looked good.
Posted By: RJS

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/22/17 12:40 AM

Yep had the same thing happen on my Inline tube set last year. 3 years old about 100 miles on it. I called them and they got me a new one at cost free shipping if I remember right.
Ron
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/22/17 06:02 AM

Try Bruin Brake Cable, have not failed on my daily drivers.
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/23/17 03:08 AM

Bought rear cables from inline tube first time I stepped on the parking brake the "bullet" came right off the end of the cable. Was headed to an AACA meet in ten days so I called them and they could basically care less. They wanted the cable sent back to be looked st before a new one was sent. They were a bit aragent with their reply. The end was just not knurled on properly. I reinstalled the end and mig welded it to the cable. Will NEVER buy from them again.
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/23/17 02:11 PM

Hmm. All this about inline tube does not sound good. I have not finish my car yet so now I'm worried.
Posted By: moparjo68

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/24/17 05:40 AM

Well, my brake cable is from Inline Tube. Have had it installed now several years...........and no complaints.

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/24/17 06:22 AM

Give Bruin a try, lifetime warranty, 66,000 part numbers, or will make anything you need. The only issue I ever had was a retaining clip that broke at the backing plate during install, most likely my fault, e-mailed them and a new one was sent, they didn't ask for the old one just wanted me happy.
Posted By: 70_FY1_N96_BEEP

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/27/17 08:37 PM

Just got the Bruin cable, it's like an Inline unit on steroids. Fingers crossed. Thanks to all again!

Re: Anybody making quality parking brake cables yet? - 08/28/17 01:29 AM

All I will say is I have never had a bruin end pull off on anything I have installed them on, mostly 3/4- 1 ton pickups, and b&e mopars. They may not be perfect 100 point cables for restorers but they seem to be dependable. I have also had issues with some other brands of cables.
© 2024 Moparts Forums