Moparts

Does a 71 b body have a nut welded in the front rocker cap?

Posted By: 71sat440

Does a 71 b body have a nut welded in the front rocker cap? - 08/17/17 02:40 AM

As a bit more of a description. There is a small "end cap" piece of metal at the front of the rocker.

My car had the passenger front rotted out, the drivers side has an odd circle in the center.

I don't know if perhaps had some rot and got welded shut, but the rocker caps I see are advertised as E body units with "Will fit B body" and they have a welded nut in the center.

Didn't know if its used on E bodies and not B's and just needs welded shut. Or if it is used on B's and Ill have to drill a hole and weld a nut there or just buy the piece from AMD since its only around $30.
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Does a 71 b body have a nut welded in the front rocker cap? - 08/17/17 04:22 AM

Not sure if the E-Bodies will work, I just fabricated my own pair and welded them in. Not really hard to make.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Does a 71 b body have a nut welded in the front rocker cap? - 08/17/17 03:53 PM

Have a look at the inner fender splash shields. Is there a hole in the shield for a fastener that would attach there? My 73 Challenger and 68 Dart both have a threaded insert in that rocker cap to attach the inner fender splash shields.
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: Does a 71 b body have a nut welded in the front rocker cap? - 08/18/17 12:48 AM

Just went out to the garage & checked my 71X the fenders have been off for 30 years,no nut/hole or anything in the front rocker end cap.
© 2024 Moparts Forums