Moparts

T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump

Posted By: 3twos

T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 02/24/09 05:52 PM

Does anyone have a picture of the correct power steering pulley for the T/A cars? Also I think I have only seen the federal pumps with the oil cooler used on these cars, is that correct as well?
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 02/24/09 08:30 PM

no picture but its round, has three spokes that are kind of curvy from the center out to the ring. and they bend really easy if you try and pry them off the pump
Posted By: fastmark

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 02/24/09 08:38 PM

The federal pump is correct and mine it the solid pulley if I remember right.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 02/25/09 02:10 AM

This is a fast ratio box. I do not know if the std. power steering box is the same, you could get both styles on a T/A.

Attached picture 5050836-Seattle2006204.jpg
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 02/25/09 06:20 PM

Quote:

This is a fast ratio box. I do not know if the std. power steering box is the same, you could get both styles on a T/A.

ya, thats the one i have right there
Posted By: 6pkaar

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 02/25/09 07:21 PM

I'm restoring an AAR and have been looking for he correct 3 spoke pulley. What all are those used on? I know the big block are different, where there several different applications for the small block? Different pumps (Federal etc) use the same 3 spoke pulley.

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 02/25/09 07:32 PM

I would almost be guessing that the fan type pulley was used due to the power steering fluid cooler used on these cars but that is a guess. I know where you can get a whole pump,pulley and cooler if you are interested send me a pm
Posted By: Steve340

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 03/01/09 08:03 PM

I've seen most all 340 cars get the 3 spoke and the 318 cars get the solid pulley
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 03/03/09 03:27 AM

Isn't the type of pulley dependent on which pump it is? I have had several cars that have had the solid pulley and they were all Federal pumps. The cars I have had with the pulley that has the three spokes have all been Saginaw pumps (both big and small block).
Posted By: Steve340

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 03/04/09 02:17 AM

If you look at the picture above, it is a Federal pump with the press on 3 spoke pulley.

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 03/04/09 04:03 AM

Quote:

Barry,

Are you saying you could get both pumps on the t/a cars? I think I have only seen federal pumps on them. Also is it correct that some t/a cars had power steering with fast ratio steering box, some had manual steering and some had just regular power steering without the fast ratio box?
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: T/A & AAR Power steering pulley & Pump - 03/04/09 04:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Barry,

Are you saying you could get both pumps on the t/a cars? I think I have only seen federal pumps on them. Also is it correct that some t/a cars had power steering with fast ratio steering box, some had manual steering and some had just regular power steering without the fast ratio box?

I meant Fast Ratio & the Std. Ratio power boxes.

T/As came with either of those two or manual steering.

AARs came with the manual box or the Fast Ratio Power box. I have not seen an AAR yet with a std. ratio power box.

Edit;

Just to clarify that a little further, when I say "I have not seen an AAR yet with a std. ratio power box", I am talking about seeing it on an AAR broadcast sheet, not on the car itself.
© 2024 Moparts Forums