Moparts

Is this a correct 426 Hemi pulley?

Posted By: Mopucky

Is this a correct 426 Hemi pulley? - 04/06/17 02:50 AM

Came with an adapter. Both pulleys same diameter 5 3/4" pulley height is 3" with adapter. Thanks!

Attached picture IMG_5175.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5176.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5177.JPG
Attached picture IMG_5178.JPG
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: Is this a correct 426 Hemi pulley? - 04/06/17 05:07 AM

don't know what the adapter is for but the pulley looks like a nascar pulley. the original hemi pulley that was double groove were 2 separate pullies spot welded together. the pulley you have in your picture looks to be one pulley as the nascar double groove. if my memory serves me correct.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Is this a correct 426 Hemi pulley? - 04/06/17 10:04 AM

Does appear to be Nascar/USAC.

Re: Is this a correct 426 Hemi pulley? - 04/06/17 02:10 PM

That makes more sense. Someone told me it was a "underdriven race hemi pulley" I wasn't sure if there was a year, model difference, street, race.
What's the story behind these? Were they an over the counter part from the dealership?
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Is this a correct 426 Hemi pulley? - 04/06/17 09:21 PM

Aero426 can better answer your question(s), and correct my errors.

In the mid to early 70's & latter, you could get those through Petty Enterprise from a catalog, may've been able to get from other places, I do not know.

Re: Is this a correct 426 Hemi pulley? - 04/06/17 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By thehemikid
Aero426 can better answer your question(s), and correct my errors.

In the mid to early 70's & latter, you could get those through Petty Enterprise from a catalog, may've been able to get from other places, I do not know.

Very cool!! Thanks for posting the pics of that book! I wonder if you could have walked in a dealer with that part number and ordered it or if it had to be through that company. Says Chrysler Corp on it
© 2024 Moparts Forums