Moparts

Fresh Air Vent Door Seal (66 Coronet)

Posted By: 68rrunner

Fresh Air Vent Door Seal (66 Coronet) - 03/29/17 03:52 PM

So a rat seems to have decided it REALLY wanted in and chewed off half of the rubber seal on the internal "blade" to the vent. Anyone have a line on these for a 66 Coronet? Doesn't seem like anyone makes one and the seal design would be tough to duplicate. I'd prefer to not block it off.
Posted By: L.R Helbling

Re: Fresh Air Vent Door Seal (66 Coronet) - 03/29/17 04:17 PM

Not sure if your vent is integral to the heater box or not but here is a good place to check for foam and rubber seals.

http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/62-65-b-body-heater-box/

Re: Fresh Air Vent Door Seal (66 Coronet) - 03/30/17 02:05 PM

It is the one on the inside.
We were able to find a whole assembly for sale, hopefully it's in good shape.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Fresh Air Vent Door Seal (66 Coronet) - 03/30/17 04:32 PM

Those black rubber seals on the 66-70 and 71-74 B body (and E body) fresh air vent doors is "over-molded" onto the steel door. It's not replaceable. I get so many requests for these seals that I buy a dozen or so of these vents every year when I'm at the shows so I can help customers looking for them. 1/2 the ones I get are usually pulled away/delaminated from the steel but they can usually be glued back down. It's pretty rare that they are destroyed or "eaten by rodents".

That must have been you that I sold the vent to yesterday. Small Mopar world. Glad I could help. For chap the vent may not have been pristine but the door was the best one I had.

Re: Fresh Air Vent Door Seal (66 Coronet) - 03/31/17 10:17 PM

That's us. Thanks for the help.
© 2024 Moparts Forums