Moparts

Hardware for chrome valve covers

Posted By: njmopar

Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/18/17 03:58 PM

Hello
Subject is a 68 383HP that came with chrome valve covers. For the mounting hardware, should this be standard bolt/nuts or are these chrome as well?
Thanks
Rob
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/18/17 04:30 PM

As in "standard" do you mean installed at the factory or installed at the dealer after the car was delivered? work

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/19/17 01:47 AM

Well now I am not sure. I thought all 383 Darts had chrome. So I am guessing not based on your reply. So then they must be dealer I installed. At any rate would they use standard hardware or chrome?
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/19/17 03:35 AM

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dcc-5007458

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/19/17 03:45 PM

So I guess just generic looking chrome bolts. Kinda cheesy looking. And I need to lose the studs in the corner hole.
Posted By: L.R Helbling

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/19/17 06:45 PM

Try Mopar Performance part #P5007458. They will look good on your chrome plated valve covers. If you need to have the special cover bolt washers to spread the down force, try part #P4349620. Both of these kits are chrome plated.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/19/17 09:22 PM

Keep the studs if you are wanting it to look correct. I have 67 GTX and R/T cars and I think they came with standard hardware not chrome. And the original cars have the studs in the corners and no chrome hardware, but no turquoise engine paint on them either like they were from a different car. This has been my observations over the years.

Unsure about the BB Darts, but they may have followed the same way.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 02/20/17 02:48 AM

From what I've encountered the 68 chrome valve covers didnt use chrome bolts. I also believe there was a stud on the front and rear corner. Jim, am I correct on this? shruggy
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Hardware for chrome valve covers - 06/29/17 01:27 AM

Originally Posted By dart4forte
From what I've encountered the 68 chrome valve covers didnt use chrome bolts. I also believe there was a stud on the front and rear corner. Jim, am I correct on this? shruggy
Right you are dart4forte.
© 2024 Moparts Forums