Moparts

Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert

Posted By: kenz

Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert - 02/09/17 04:39 AM

I'm looking for new door weatherstrips for my 71 Challenger convertible. According to the Metro website, their part # LM23A fits hardtops but doesn't say anything about convertibles.

Wouldn't they be the same?

If not, anyone know where to get convertible door weatherstrip?

Thanks,
ken
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert - 02/09/17 02:46 PM

Yes the door weatherstrips are the same (i.e. the ones that clip into the metal of the door and seal it against the body when the door is closed). All the window weatherstrips are different.
Posted By: kenz

Re: Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert - 02/09/17 08:43 PM

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ken
Posted By: Dante

Re: Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert - 02/10/17 06:51 PM

All weatherstripping is the same on hardtop and convertible except for the cat whiskers (side window sweeps)
Posted By: 69bfan

Re: Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert - 02/11/17 04:46 AM

The window felts for the doors are the same as well for a hardtop or a convertible. The quarter glass felts do differ between a hardtop and a convertible.
Posted By: Little Detroit

Re: Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert - 02/11/17 05:17 PM

Hey Dante I think you had better think about that reply a little the weather strip in the convertible top frame and the windshield pillar(A- pillar) are different.that is also a weather strip or a glass run as it is sometimes called.
Posted By: Dante

Re: Challenger door weatherstrip hardtop vs convert - 02/12/17 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By Little Detroit
Hey Dante I think you had better think about that reply a little the weather strip in the convertible top frame and the windshield pillar(A- pillar) are different.that is also a weather strip or a glass run as it is sometimes called.

The OP was referring to DOOR SEALS, my reply is accurate. It is obvious that
a hardtop would not use A-pillar seals nor would it use convertible top seals up
© 2024 Moparts Forums