Moparts

Six pack carb rebuild kits.....

Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/06/17 07:27 PM

Who sells the most complete rebuild kits for six pack carbs ?? I may just need the center carb kit. Carbs are newer repro 71 carbs ...... thanks.
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/06/17 08:42 PM

I just ordered a kit from Chicago Carburetor:

www.chicagocarburetor.com

Their kits use black gasket material. The new Holley fuel bowl kits use blue rubber gaskets, which can be a problem if you are going for that OE look.

I have yet to use the kit, but all components appear to have good quality and construction, etc.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/06/17 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By B5Cuda440-6
I just ordered a kit from Chicago Carburetor:

www.chicagocarburetor.com

Their kits use black gasket material. The new Holley fuel bowl kits use blue rubber gaskets, which can be a problem if you are going for that OE look.

I have yet to use the kit, but all components appear to have good quality and construction, etc.

That's good to know up
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/07/17 01:49 AM

I just finished up my carbs:

Attached picture IMG_7999.jpg
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/07/17 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By FM3AAR
Nice!! I bet you're happy with that... up

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/07/17 05:19 AM

Thanks.
Lots of parts left over from buying 3 kits.
I just wish Holley would put out a single kit containing all the parts needed to rebuild all 3 carbs at once on the SixPacks/427 TriPowers. up
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/07/17 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By FM3AAR

What did you do to achieve that beautiful nice satin finish? So often one sees a very weird in your face goldish look. Nice work

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/07/17 07:14 AM

I couldn't afford Holley's replating service so I went with Eastwood's carb paint.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/07/17 05:51 PM

That looks pretty nice compared to correct dichromate finish ! up

Attached picture PB070472.JPG
Posted By: PurpleBeeper

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/07/17 09:06 PM

I've had good luck with both the Holley 37-396 and the chicago carburetor kits. If you've rebuilt a few of these and are familiar with where everything goes, there's somebody on ebay that sells a kit for all three carbs with pieces loose in zip lock baggies & I had good luck with that kit too.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Six pack carb rebuild kits..... - 02/08/17 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By THESHAKERPROJECT
Who sells the most complete rebuild kits for six pack carbs ?? I may just need the center carb kit. Carbs are newer repro 71 carbs ...... thanks.

Mike - Do you need all the gaskets, or just metering block & float bowl gaskets? I don't think that I have any of the main body to base plate gaskets left, but definitely have metering block & float bowl gaskets. Call/text me if I can help.
© 2024 Moparts Forums