Moparts

Door Jam Pics

Posted By: Clay Fees

Door Jam Pics - 01/22/17 04:36 PM

My paint guy is needing pics of the door jams of a factory 69 RR, or one restored to factory condition, to determine where the color used on the upper steel section of the door panel stops in the jam. Can anyone help me out with pics of door jams, preferably from a pewter interior car?

I sure appreciate any help you all might be able to give me.

Thanks!

Clay
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/22/17 05:25 PM

Will a 69 Coronet do? I can get better pictures later today if the weather lets up. Looks like it was painted fairly well on the a-pillar/kick panel area. Pretty good shot of the undercoating as well.

Attached picture image (4).jpeg
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/22/17 08:13 PM

the parting line between the two colors is the attaching holes for the door weatherstrip
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/22/17 09:53 PM

As stated above. Also, the inside of the door is masked - my guess is to prevent overspray coming out the window openning, etc.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/23/17 03:40 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood the question, I thought you were asking where the color stopped on the a-pillar from the cowl being sprayed.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/23/17 05:31 AM

the interior Upper Door Frame (UDF) paint was done first (I believe in lacquer, it dried quickly) it was then masked (just the perimeter that mattered) then the exterior of the car was painted - then baked
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/23/17 10:06 AM

Hope this is what you wanted. You can see where it was taped off for the different color. The interior color on this car is white.
Not my car but 1 that was on the A12 site. If I get a chance I will get 1 of my car tonight to post. Mine doesn't have the seal on it yet.
The seal covers up the edge of the 2 colors where they meet.

Attached picture door sea l2.jpg
Attached picture door seal.jpg
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/23/17 05:09 PM

The interior color was painted first, they didn't seem to mask inside at all from what I've found. There will be color in the jambs the front on the main shell... the masking line for the door is under the weatherstrip.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Door Jam Pics - 01/23/17 09:08 PM

I have no idea if this is factory or done at a later time but my 68 Dart convertible looks to be the opposite. I don't know if convertibles were done different or not. There is definitely white overspray on top of the blue on the bottom of the doors. There is also a lot of white overspray on top of the blue behind the rear convertible panels.

Yellow grease pencil N on center of door between cutouts. Center of door is blue.

I suppose it could have been a factory error. Realized after the body was painted that the upper door frame should have been white? It doesn't look like I have a picture of the white overspray in the back on Photobucket. I'd have to look for it at home.
© 2024 Moparts Forums