Moparts

1971 Super Bee Fender Emblem

Posted By: 70ta340

1971 Super Bee Fender Emblem - 11/21/16 11:18 PM

Does anyone know the location dimensions of the "Super Bee" emblems on the fender? I always get nervous drilling into new paint. I need the dimensions for the emblem and the bee decal.

Thanks,
Bill
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: 1971 Super Bee Fender Emblem - 11/22/16 11:42 PM

I can measure mine or take a picture, I based mine off of an original application. The originals were adhesive backed also, not pinned. This was for 71 only.
Posted By: 70ta340

Re: 1971 Super Bee Fender Emblem - 11/23/16 03:04 PM

The originals being adhesive mounted would explain why I don't have holes in my fenders.
Posted By: T2R9

Re: 1971 Super Bee Fender Emblem - 11/24/16 01:12 AM

I don't have measurements but I can give you a couple reference pics from an unrestored car. The emblem is pretty much lined up the the upper wheel opening. The passenger side picture shows the position pretty good. the drivers side is reverse. NOTE that the Bee follows the emblem so its in front on the passenger side and the rear on the drivers side.

Attached picture fender.jpg
Attached picture right.jpg
Posted By: 2JcodeChargers

Re: 1971 Super Bee Fender Emblem - 11/24/16 10:34 PM

The Super Bee registry has the factory blueprints for the Bee decal and the nameplate. The prints are very hard to read but you can kinda make out the numbers. The 71 Super Bee fender badges are not attached with nuts. They were originally taped on the fenders. The new badges that are sold are really 1970 Super Bee hood badges. The 70 hood badges bolt on because it's not a good idea to use stick on badges on hoods, they get pretty hot.
Good luck with your 'Bee.
© 2024 Moparts Forums