Moparts

70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD

Posted By: challengersteve

70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/07/16 12:21 AM

Hello Everyone, I am needing a pair of fenders for a 70 Challenger I am working on and was wondering if I should go with the Goodmark or AMD? I know the Goodmark fenders are a little cheaper but if there is a fitment issue I will go with the AMD. I searched the archives and cannot find anything recent (only several years old) regarding this question. My main concern is making sure the body lines are correct and the gaps are right. If anyone has any experience with either I would very much appreciate any input.
Thanks, Steve
Posted By: mopargem

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/07/16 04:36 AM

I got the Goodmark when they first came out several years ago and the right fender lower body line between the door and wheel opening was noticeably cocked at an angle as in crooked. Seems like drivers side was fine. Other than that they fit ok with dome flight dollying to the front edge for the headlight bezels to flush up. In other words not very GOODmark
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/07/16 06:39 AM

Spend the extra money for the AMD fenders, You'll be happy you did.
Posted By: Cuda Cody

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/07/16 07:26 AM

There's a good chance neither will fit perfect out of the box. Even NOS fenders might need a little work. And aftermarket will almost for sure need a little massaging to get perfect gaps. The last 1970 AMD Challenger fender I fitted last year was so bad I just fixed the original fender and put the new AMD on a shelf. IMO, there's no bolt on perfect fender available on the market. And besides the fitment with AMD and Goodmark, they will all need holes fixed to make them look somewhat like 1970 challenger fenders. Sometimes I wonder if the guys working at the repop factory are blind?
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/07/16 07:17 PM

I did a 70 for a guy that got the goodmark fender for it when he bought the car. It did take some extra work but no way what I had seen when they 1st came out. Sorry can't tell you from experience on the AMD fenders.
Posted By: challengersteve

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/08/16 01:04 AM

Thank you for the input. I will probably go with AMD fenders and just make them as nice as possible. I have had no luck finding a mint set of originals.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/08/16 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By Cuda Cody
There's a good chance neither will fit perfect out of the box. Even NOS fenders might need a little work. And aftermarket will almost for sure need a little massaging to get perfect gaps. The last 1970 AMD Challenger fender I fitted last year was so bad I just fixed the original fender and put the new AMD on a shelf. IMO, there's no bolt on perfect fender available on the market. And besides the fitment with AMD and Goodmark, they will all need holes fixed to make them look somewhat like 1970 challenger fenders. Sometimes I wonder if the guys working at the repop factory are blind?

I have not come across an AMD or Goodmark piece that I could use yet. The Goodmark pieces I have purchased are still on a shelf and I will not be using them but they aren't fenders.
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/08/16 04:46 PM

When I asked this same question a few years ago, I received the same response about Goodmark vs. AMD fenders. I have a great spare set of original 70 fenders I was being offered great money for. I was told to keep the originals because the reproduction fenders were a poor fit. I see nothing has changed.
Terry
Posted By: xs29j8

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/14/16 11:07 PM

I made the mistake of buying Charger wheel housings from GOODMARK for my 1969 Charger 500'. The housings where actually designed for a different model, but I was told with enough cutting/splicing/welding/etc the housings could be made to work... no refund,but plenty of mouthing was supplied by the Goodmark "fitment" consultant.

I will never do business with Goodmark again...NEVER!

Attached picture Goodmark2140_2141.jpg
Attached picture 69HemiDotComWheelHouseProblem.jpg
Attached picture Goodmark2150.jpg
Attached picture ChargerAMDReproOuterWheelhousingCompare01_640W.jpg
Posted By: flypaper

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 10/15/16 02:26 AM

believe it or not,i have found some goodmark parts that are better then AMD junk
i think its a roll of the dice with either
with wheelhouses AMD wheelhouses are for sure not any better then goodmark!
amd junk wheelhouses have been reworked more then 4 times
that i know of (yes 4 or 5 different versions are out there
(i've seen 3 myself)and they still can't get it right.
if you want something the fits and resembles the original
there is only one source..

Posted By: moparfan

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 11/02/22 05:38 PM

Bringing this back up. Is there something on the market now that is better, I purchased an AMD and it isn't close to fitting in many ways and the stamping on the on the inner fender part towards the front is totally wrong. so, when it's on the car and painted with the hood open its wrong. The original fender i have the body guy wants me to try and find something better to start with.
Posted By: RROD

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 11/04/22 12:34 AM

Is it the driver side inner fender you say is not right? Does it have a section on the fwd end that kicks out toward the engine with a nut located on the backside of the kick out section? If so then you have a 72-74 inner fender. The kick out with the nut on the backside is for the battery hold down tray clamp. Different hold down than the ā€œJā€ bolt rods on the 70-71 E bodies.
Posted By: moparfan

Re: 70 Challenger fenders Goodmark or AMD - 11/07/22 07:32 PM

It's the passenger fender I'm dealing with. the marker light is 70/71, the fender where it bolts on by the core support is different than the oe and the fit is way off,
© 2024 Moparts Forums